I dont remember getting full world buffs before raid in classic. Do you?

It’s actually pretty terrible. I spend a good couple hours each week traveling the world getting fully raid buffed then I have to log out to preserve my buffs for the rest of the week. Since yesterday was the last day of the fire festival, it means my main is logged till Saturday when my guild raids.

Why are we all doing this for BWL and MC? Cause its a competition. To see who can output the most heals/damage. Since a lot of gear is handed out by loot council, often times its your output that determines whether the council hands you that piece of loot.

A lot of people have suggested that all buffs be wiped the moment you step foot in a raid dungeon. I completely agree with this.

In classic, I dont ever remember getting world buffs and I was one of the top damage dealers in a top guild on my server.

Lets get back that. Lets have skill, execution, rotation and hard work determine the top damage and heals in a raid and not who has the most world buffs.

Thank you

19 Likes

We aren’t even beating a dead horse anymore at this point

It’s a puddle of glue

18 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but it’s not going to change until TBC. People LIKE being OP and cheesing the content, and they would crap a squirrel if Blizzard took that away from them at this point. Should have been done in September. But it’s too ingrained in the Classic playstyle now. So it is what it is.

8 Likes

I don’t think it will be as bad in aq40 and beyond. Our server has wasted way too many hearts and we are having to reset nef instead of ony for turn ins.

The problem will solve itself between not enough new players leveling and the content being harder and therefor wipes happening on bosses - if you can even get to aq without getting killed. Travel time alone to aq qill discourage some of the hour long buffs.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said, but it’s not going to change until TBC. People LIKE being OP and cheesing the content, and they would crap a squirrel if Blizzard took that away from them at this point. Should have been done in September. But it’s too ingrained in the Classic playstyle now. So it is what it is.

I dont know too many raiders who like getting world buffs. We do it cause if we dont, we’ll parse lower than those who have em.

If no one has em, then the competition to top the charts will come from skill, practice and hard work

3 Likes

This whole argument/issue would be over if they’d just make it so world buffs get removed when you enter a raid.

8 Likes

If you and people who think like you just took off your rose-tinted goggles…We can discuss things that really matter, like what is your favorite toilet paper brand?

I agree. But there are many who would act like the world has ended. I mean, just look at the people STILL throwing a fit about the 30 instance limit. And that’s something that affects very few people. This affects everyone. Blizzard taking anything away from players, even for their own good, is seen as a betrayal, and these forums would go full on nuclear meltdown.

7 Likes

It’s not going to be better in BC.

It’s the modern ethos, and the modern playerbase, and the modern playstyle. And it’s a problem that we need to deal with as a community, we can’t expect a new expansion release to fix it for us.

We need to start creating guilds and recruiting players who actually want to play it like Classic, instead of playing it like the retail bar-go-up-competition. It being permanently 1.12 is a big hit to the Classic experience, and not one that we can do anything about, but we could try to find people who want to actually play the game and play it together with each other.

This is literally the reason I joined the guild I’m in. I’ve got realm firsts and top 100 world kills as gm/raid leader in the past in retail (WotLK & Cataclysm), but have no interest in pushing that hard anymore. The whole speed running thing in Classic is kinda meh. I’m glad I found a guild that clears all the content (MC, BWL, ZG, Ony) in 1-2 nights without relying on full world buffs to e-peen flex.

3 Likes

Yeah, my guild is really chill regarding world buffs as well. If you show up to raid with them, great. If not, that’s ok too. Our focus is on clearing content, not speed runs. I don’t “try” to get any other then Ony, because I can just AFK in SW till it drops. Even then, I might not be able to keep it if we have to fight our way into Blackrock Mountain. It’s just not worth the effort if you play on a PVP server.

1 Like

That’s because people didn’t really do it in vanilla. Sure, some did but wasn’t on most players radar. Nowadays no one believes in free will, they’re just slaves to the meta…

7 Likes

This sounds like a personal problem to me.

Only because you’re making it one.

I’d change guilds if I were in your shoes. You’re signing up to be exploited and then complaining that your guild is exploiting you.

Why do you want to punish the 95% of players who play rationally so that the 5% of the players that you want to raid with are brought down to your level? If you don’t want to raid with buffs, then raid with a guild that doesn’t require them. Problem solved.

Because people weren’t as crazy back in the day as they are now. 10 years of Blizzard tuning raids to suit the preferences of crazy players has fostered a culture of crazy players.

Are you also proposing that they standardize end game gear? Because that’s what it would take to truly have skill, execution, rotation, and hard work determine top damage and heals. The whole point of these features is to give players a way to make the game easier for them. Proposing to deprive everyone else of those features to suit your own personal agenda is extremely selfish.

2 Likes

“Collecting the most world buffs and using the most consumes” is pretty much the only thing about raiding as a caster that comes close to “hard work”. Without world buffs, it’d just be “curse then afk spam shadow bolt” as a warlock, and straight “afk spam frost bolt” as a mage.

For several classes there really isn’t any “skill, execution or rotation” to judge how good a player is. You wanna know what I do in raid as a DS/Ruin warlock? I press Shadowbolt. Very in depth rotation.

1 Like

Optional is optional is optional is

It’s a pointless question. One of the big reasons that people wanted Classic is to see what they could do in that world knowing what they know now. It is completely irrelevant what people did back then, what is relevant is what was possible back then.

1 Like

There’s more to successful raiding than rotation, at least in the upper tier raids. Positioning is important, as is knowing which mob(s) to target and when. In your case, a warlock neglecting his banish button at crucial times can wipe the raid. That’s true regardless of rotation, and it’s true with or without buffs and gear.

Then dont do it.

the only time i remember doing it was for kel’thuzad attempts. we were super bleeding edge at the time too, world top 30 guild.

i hate the current meta. its a shadow of what vanilla was. this game has been ruined by the speed runners and pserver minmaxers.

3 Likes