I don't hate Magister Umbric. I do want him to Actually have more Depth through

I was very Harsh and Rude to anyone who like Umbric as a Character. It seems that I didn’t give him much a chance when BFA Launched. So after seeing how he is as a Character. He’s not as bad as I have ether build him up to be or just paint him in a bad light. He’s no wonder near as Good Character Tier Level as Kael’thas but He’s an alright character.

I do however would like to see him do things besides well just help out the Alliance like Actual ether build a Void Elf City or Small City within the Floating Rock or just steal Silvermoon City and make it Voidmoon City or Shadowmoon City. Whatever you want to call Newly Touched Void lands of Quel’thalas. I think it would not only make him even more of a interesting character but also in a way better magister than rommath who doesn’t outcast Thalassian Elves for choosing a different path of Magic.

So what do you guys think? What will the Story of Umbric takes us? Conquest of Quel’thalas or maybe something interesting with the Void?

2 Likes

Screwing over a playable race is not how you develop another race and it’s characters.

30 Likes

Ok So How do you think the Void Elf Story continue then?

As it stands, I don’t feel like Umbric has much of a personality. He’s a random Void Elf that helps the Alliance. His main traits are just that, being an elf and connected to the Void. I think they need to better build up his backstory and/or specific things about him to make him interesting to me.

8 Likes

Develop their identity. What do they really want? Why support the Alliance? Why fight their own people? They don’t have to dominate the Blood Elves for that to happen.

15 Likes

I have been thinking about this since Void Elves are Blood Elves. I wonder if Umbric might have a actual backstory in terms of him following Kael’thas’s Footsteps during the Time of the Frozen Throne/TBC or maybe during the Time of War against the Forest Trolls and what not?

It’s always bad news when you have to question what mom and dad had in mind when they named their little elflet—as if they envisioned a one-flavor future as the leader of a one-flavor race.

The flavor is grape juice in this case btw :grapes: :cup_with_straw:

4 Likes

they need to expand his motivations and inner dialogues.
Some characters could really use one of those short stories.

At least most allied race leaders.
Fareya, alleria, umbric are some of them.
because right now… it feels like empty… void.

or we could have more comrade umbric.
:octopus:

6 Likes

Haven’t seen Alleria do a single thing in BFA other than being on a Boat. I wonder where Umbric and Alleria’s Motivations would lead them to. Right now They’re just casually servicing the Alliance.

When it comes down to seeing what the Void Elves can do in this Expansion they haven’t done something big or crazy like. Yea sure they did kill bunch of Goblins and suck up Horde Forces into the Twisting Black Void but other then that not much. I was excepting for Blizzard to continue where their Motivations and what they truly want for their goals. As of right now. Just not much.

He wasn’t kicked out “just” for choosing a different branch of magic. He knowingly and willfully broke a major law of Silvermoon by practicing a type that could have put the Sunwell, and all of his race, at risk of being wiped out just because he thought he knew better.

But that’s not what made him a traitor. That happened when he chose to fight against the horde. If he’s going to get more character development, I would rather it be about how he threw away everything he had and his need to make a new home because he no longer has a place among the blood elves.

29 Likes

Most importantly, establish what is actual thoughts are on the Blood Elves. What is he willing to do/let happen to them to achieve his claims of reunification? If he thought he was doing good for them before, establish why he and his group are willing to kill what used to be their kin.

5 Likes

That’s something that would make Umbric more of a Leader and Continue to not get corrupted by the Void. Seeing as the Fact the Void keeps on Whispering Ren’dorei to betray their New Allies or just go crazy with the Void. Makes me wonder how far can they continue to not give in?

There’s two ways I could see this happening. Ether They give in and become fully corrupted with the Void or just basically completely Master it and Use the Void’s Own Power against itself kind of like how some Warlocks used Fel against Fel. I know its bit confessing when you think about it. Just trying to think of ways for Future of the Ren’dorei and Umbric himself.

I think it’s important for the alliance to see at least one void elf actually lose control and need to be put down. I wouldn’t pick Umbric (it could just be a nameless elf), but he should be involved in some way, so he can see what’s awaiting him if he slips up. It’s one thing to say a race is teetering on the edge, but I think for the story, it’s important to show at least one of them going over. The blood elf starter zone did this by having you put down wretched and explaining how they got to that state. Demon hunters can see a few examples of their kind losing control. If the void elf stuff is to be taken seriously, I think a narrative example needs to be made out of someone. Otherwise it makes the downsides seem toothless, like the worgen.

23 Likes

Maybe one or a few of them don’t even realize they are doing the bidding of N’zoth, the whispers seeming no different than the orders from their officers repeating in their head.

2 Likes

Umbric loses control and we have to beat sense into him in the Mythic version of the Herald of Ny’alotha encounter…

He isn’t likely to die so soon after that Raid Encounter as WoW’s Raids aren’t like GW2’s where 2 Raid Instances have the same Final Boss despite one of the Raids being released after the other.

Hell, we still see this from time to time with the Blood Elves, such as with Kaelynara Sunchaser during Warlords of Draenor:

2 Likes

Tbf, Void elves as a race are both literal and narrative abominations that shouldn’t have been implemented the way they were.

Umbric should’ve been a skilled mage of the silver covenant, who along with Vereesa wished to learn the secrets uncovered by Alleria, so they’d go on a journey with her and Locus Walker. Then a big tragedy would happen, that threatened Vereesa, so Umbric sacrifices himself to save her, he goes mad from the void power, and after being subdued he regains enough control over himself and gains some semblance of knowledge on how to utilize this newfound power as well as spreading this knowledge with the rest of his people.

Thus creating the void elves while also giving him a bit stronger characterization in the process.

18 Likes

We need Velf hate groups to riot on the streets smh.

I remember this hilarious thread about european Velf rpers complaining in the forums about being IC discriminated against by other rpers. Twas a good thread. Reading it made me think. We don’t know a lot about Stormwind culture compared to the other nations. How important is the Light to the citizens? Do they see the Naaru as heresy or a new facet to their religion? How do they view the void? All those questions are easily answerable to the other races, but not for us.

Dealing with prejudice will develop Umbric, and I think it can be handled better than the limp noodle prejudice we got from the Worgen. Right now I think the velfs occupy the same position as Highmountain.

1 Like

They don’t make sense in any way.

4 Likes

You say that and most people who aren’t thirsting for playable high elves agree, but its an established method that Blizzard has repeatedly used.

4 Likes