I don't even want one Legendary, let alone two

Maybe I’m weird, but I don’t care about getting legendaries at all. I have completed all the covenants several times, but I never once made a legendary. I have all the stuff I need to make my first legendary, I just haven’t bothered to return to the runecarver.

What makes legendaries appealing to you?

To me, they are meaningless and do nothing of importance. I’d much rather get a toy I missed in BfA or Legion than a legendary item. I don’t need better gear than I have, and when I do, Zereth Mortis will be out and it will easily award the gear I need.

What is the point of legendaries? Does anyone else feel like I do?

I wouldn’t care if every legendary item was removed from the game.

29 Likes

They are powerful gear.
That is their purpose.

I think it’s pretty obvious what role they serve in the game.

17 Likes

I just don’t see the motivation to earn “powerful gear” that will be worthless in 10.0. I’m not grinding for that. lol

7 Likes

So what exactly is your point outside of laziness at this point?

13 Likes

You don’t raid or M+ or do rated PVP so its fine for you. For the rest of us, legendaries are HUGE power boosts.

You don’t need to. If you were however deciding to suddenly start raiding normal and up, you’d need a legendary for best dps. Or go for KSM.

3 Likes

I’ve always been lazy. Blizzard motivates me to do things by making stuff fun. Legendary items aren’t fun. They’re just pieces of gear that make you stronger briefly and then get vendored.

9 Likes

That’s all gear, tbh.

9 Likes

0% chance I’ll ever do anything like that. Basically, legendaries as a whole were designed for players who do group content, and so none of them have ever been relevant to me. I find it worrisome that such a core feature is so niche. If there’s no appeal to legendaries for casuals, most players won’t engage the content and, of the ones that do, few will complete the requirements for unlocking both slots and acquiring both items. It’s an enormous amount of work just so that you can do slightly more DPS as you simp for your raid leader.

No thanks.

Legendaries should be awarded upon the completion of every solo quest in the final zone, and each legendary should come with its own unique function. Teleportation, an on-use damage shield, auto-resurrection, etc. Things that will give them at least some use in future expansions.

A lot of players aren’t interested in earning anything that will eventually be worthless to them. I’m one of those players.

2 Likes

Gear is earned passively through questing. Not a problem. If legendaries were earned the same way, I’d have no complaints. I’m going to be doing all the solo quests, regardless.

1 Like

So as a DH, Burning Wound (the one I use) gives you a DoT from your auto attacks with demon blades, or from demon’s bite by default. It adds value to the ability.

Or if you don’t like that one, Chaos Theory, for instance, has potential to transform your rotation. It adds some procs that DH is currently lacking (felblade aside), smoothing out the rotation with a huge dps boost on occasion.

Some are less impactful, but always worth investing in 1. While it would be nice if we had additional talents in place, we do not. So think of it as that last row. You don’t want to go in without picking your talents!

If you decide to check them out OP, here’s a guide: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/havoc-demon-hunter-best-legendaries-shadowlands I think you will gain more from one than you expect.

Also, do not feel pressured to make the highest ilvl one on the spot. Make a cheap one and see how you like it. Even the lowest ilvl will offer something more than none at all.

2 Likes

Just trying to piggyback off the idea to give people ‘pseudo/meaningful’ progression. Nothing legendary about 'em and this team has over relied on these silly carrots to just give you things to do, work towards, or simply just get [gotta have that dopamine hit], even if small.

2 Likes

Can’t they be mogged?

Because transmog is forever!

2 Likes

Raising the ceiling and becoming worthless are two very different things.

My alts that i’ve yet to level are just as powerful as they’ve always been and can do everything they could before SL released with what I’ve earned on them.

I know what you mean, OP.

I wish they’d give us back the:

• Idols used by Druids.
  • Librams used by Paladins.
  • Totems used by Shamans.
  • Sigils used by Death knights.

And make those the leggo slot because

1. The gearing would be easier and less odd (I can’t get the pants next, because that’s my leggo slot.)
  2. It would give Inscription something to do (assuming we get things like missives/base items like the Runecarving gear)
  3. This slot would allow for leggo-only swapping to be easier (right now you can’t equip two, and it requires the “gear system” to swap quickly.

Edit: Implied in this post is that leggos should be less dramatic, and be more common with the “leggo abilities” linked to a non-gear slot.

7 Likes

You got your answer then. You only need it if you push high end content, otherwise there’s no appeal. /thread closed.

1 Like

I actually completely agree with this. These were a better specialized power-up system with less impact. And I really hope Blizzard returns to this direction. Glyphs as well!

(@OP) Sadly, we cannot change the system for now, so check out my post above.

4 Likes

I like orange text. It tends to be useful.

Alas I’m also an altaholic with finite patience and a taboo against buying from the AH(*). So this system and I haven’t really gotten along well.

(* the fantasy of gathering and crafting in MMOs is a big deal to me, but when the design ends up balanced as a purely economic activity pitting me against all the bots and goblins out there, all the fun is sucked out of it, at least for me)

Aight. And I don’t see the purpose of pointless vanity items. I ain’t grinding for that.

Different people care about different things.

(though I also think a 2nd legendary is a pointless bit of power creep)

If you had motivation at the start of the expansion, you’d have a cool item for 2 years.

Umm it’s not slightly more damage. Legendaries add an immense amount to a characters power and playstyle.

1 Like