I don't enjoy Classic streams right now

First, action-rich games present themselves much better on streams. WOW Classic is a slow-paced RPG game, which doesn’t really fit well with streams. Unless it’s a PVP or raiding stream. But, for the casual gameplay, it is sort of Big Brother - I’m watching someone’s everyday life, and commenting on it.

As of today, Classic doesn’t offer much except casual gameplay. Maybe some player-run events or PVP that deserves a stream, but to me, those casual streams aren’t that interesting.

Second, it doesn’t immerse you the way it would if you played it yourself. And, you are still getting spoiled. Spoiled of the nostalgia, because you get to see the old world, get to hear the music. You are slowly getting spoiled, but you aren’t yet in the game. When I watch a stream, I’m already getting bored of the game, even before I started playing. I’m really feeling like “you think you do, but you don’t”.

Third, Classic, as a slow-paced game, would be more suitable for small-scale streamsers, that have about 4 or 5 viewers for casual talk - rather than big streamers, who get meme bombs on chat, and carelessly ban anyone who sends a link, because “it’s just one of 500”.

Finally, streaming as a way of hyping doesn’t work - why would I watch a stream, if I can hop on a private server? That would too spoil me the same way, and hype me even more.

Disagree. Some people like to watch streamers to hang out with them and their respective communities. Others like background noise. Others want to see what the game is like or what the streamer thinks of the game.

4 Likes

Agreed. Unfortunately, it is not possible to “hang out”, if there are 500 other people on chat.

1 Like

Definitely not for everyone, but it must be working for some people because WoW has been the number 1 watched on Twitch.

Some times you want an action movie. Some times you want something easier to listen and not have to watch.

For example, watching a movie with subtitles on 1 monitor while playing Battlefield on the other monitor. Not going to work out.

Disagree again.

well, I wouldn’T call that “hanging out”, if I’m just the background noise.

1 Like

I am personally not even watching streams of the beta. And you shouldn’t let it annoy you / make you feel angry.

Why are you complaining about WoW streamers here on the Classic forums? Some people obviously like vicariously watching them play the game.

Yes, why are you?

i wont watch much because the nostalgia that has been simmering for a dozen years gets spoiled little by little.

but the chat can be amusing at times.

As of now, 90K viewers on WoW on Twitch, and the first 12 streamers with biggest viewer count is Classic Beta. I’d say that works reasonable well. 12 hours ago, there were 200K viewers, mostly beta viewers.

Word of mouth is the big multiplier here.