I do not understand how the TimeWarp Senario thing works?

Hi there… I do not understand how the timewarp thing works.

• I made a brand new character
  • I’m alliance DeathKnight
  • I want to play Cataclysm
  • I go to stormwind and ask Chromie to switch to Cataclysm

Now what?

I got 2 quests… one lead to the intro quest and cinematic for BFA and the other took me to Pandora. I can not seem to play Cata?

I thought by switching to Cata I could level up doing the campign quests for Cata and see the Cata story?

Can someone explain how this all is supposed to work, and how to get on the main cata quest line?

Thanks

Cataclysm was a revamp for Azeroth so it’s “campaign” is spread through out all the zones for the most part. There’s no centralized campaign storyline like in later expansions.

arn’t there no cata zones though? I remember like a crystal pillar or something and a cool zone of rock monsters crystal things and stuff?

Yes, Deepholme and Vash’jir, and the Twilight Highlands, they all have their individual paths to get to.

I still do not understand what I am meant to do to experience the story of cata?

The story is in the individual zones, there’s not one linear storyline covering the entire expansion.

thanks.,. but how do you get the quests to open the zones… all the portals are closed?

Check the Command Boards, they might point you where you need to go specifically.

Technically, all the Old Vanilla zones are Cata zones but you need flying to get Cata breadcrumb quests.

Check the command boards, if you don’t see the breadcrumb you want, accept all the breadcrumbs you can, then re-open the board. It will refresh with breadcrumbs to other zones.

Rinse and repeat until you get your desired breadcrumb, then deleted the other breadcrumb quests.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but the old 80-85 Cata zones (Hyjal, Vashj’ir, Deepholm, Uldum, and Twilight Highalnds) can’t be started until level 30. This is because those zones were designed around flying so it won’t let you start them until you’re high enough to get flying.

3 Likes

I just discovered that earlier as well on my new character >_<