I can't name a single piece of gear im wearing: differences between ESO, Destiny 2 and other mmo

When playing destiny 2 or ESO, i can tell what sets or weapons people are rocking.

Honestly for WoW atm i can’t name a single piece of gear i myself am wearing other than the heart of azeroth.

1 Like

I can name what I’m wearing.

Robes. Pants. Mask. Garter. Sexy lingerie. Shoes.

Easy.

It’s because of randomized gear, the ease of obtaining said gear, and titanforging/warforging. I couldn’t either. But I could name my weapons back in BC and WOTLK.

3 Likes

Honestly same, it’s not a good feeling though… like i can’t really explain to it but it makes my entire armor feel like insignificant stat sticks adding nothing of value.

The gear has been randomized by eons now.

The Sulfuras, hand of Ragnaros’ time are long over. WoW is way past ESO, D2 and others mmo status. That’s probably why Warcraft is bigger(?)

It’s a design point.

ESO is on its 3rd xpac.

Valkyn Skoria a vanilla set is still recognizable and competitive gear

Lol, I know my goggles have a name. Damned if I can ever remember it…

That’s a problem with BfA, not with the way the game has been or the direction it’s been going in. I could name every legendary I had in legion which wasn’t too long ago so it doesn’t seem like they’ve given up on this philosophy, just that it doesn’t have a presence in BfA unfortunately.

However, I can already remember the names of the essences I want in 8.2 so I’ll surely be able to remember them once I’ve had them for a while which is nice at least.

Even in classic though I’m unable to recall what I’m wearing unless it’s something super special like Herods whirlwind axe for example, can’t really name all the pieces I have.

1 Like

WoW has it’s fair share of iconic weapons and other pieces of gear… but the current batch is rather “meh”. Most of the recognizable stuff is from prior expansions at this point.

… and Legion Artifact appearances, those from the Mage Tower tend to get shown off a fair bit.

Comparatively, FFXIV has heaps of glamour-only (transmog only / cosmetic) gear so most of the current gear gets covered up… but a few weapons (often relic weapons with their iconic glows when drawn) and other gear sets are readily recognizable.

That being said, my choice of the Storm Elite gear sets (not hard to obtain, just grindy) is surprisingly unique but still looks great. Classy pirate gear in several flavours, particularly fond of the caster and tank sets.