I can't figure out how to Pet Battle

As the title states, I can’t seem to figure out how to do pet battles, in older content. I can do the world quests in shadowlands, I can do them at my menagarie thing on WoD, but if I go to zones like MoP, Cata, Outlands, and even Kalimdor/EK I can’t battle any trainers there.

I did a small questline just recently from the Org Pet trainer guy, where I had to go around and fight like 5 guys in Kalimdor, but the last quest had me go to him, and then that was it. I tried to fly to the other pet masters in Kalimdor and none of them are letting me fight them, they just have like a one sentence chat box thing that comes up and no option to challenge them?

How do I challenge them? I really want to do MoP mainly to help me level up my other pets.

Im having the exact same problem and i have no idea what im missing

Its not you. Its a recurring problem that remains unfixed for years now.

A common theme that appears to work is to go back on a low level alt to pick up the quest then switch back to your main.

Other than that its a search through these forums and wowhead to see what has worked for others.

1 Like

Check also to see if you can get the beginning trainer quests from the opposite faction ( you’ll need an alt of the other side). If I remember the dailies other than the final trainer on both Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms become continent/faction specific once unlocked. But it did require you to do both sides to advance on to the Outland trainers.

well that is unfortunate to hear if true as I do not play the alliance…

That was/is pretty much me but alliance. So I made a goblin warrior, which were new at the time and as a bonus was able to buy their racial pet also. I only needed to actually do the first 5 Kalimdore trainers on the goblin. That unlocked the next group, the goblin only needed to accept the 6th trainers quest, but after that the rest were available to a character of either faction.

All that being said though, it’s possible the whole thing has been borked with the level squish. There have been dozens of post about people having trouble getting the whole pet battle thing started since Shadowlands went live.

Todays Hotfix Notice:

Certain low-level pet battle quests are no longer suppressed for characters that have not done the introductory quests to Battle for Azeroth.

It references BFA so not to sure if its a general fix. But its something at least .

Nope, still not working for me, have to open a ticket each time I want to do one of them so they manually active it on my account for me.