I can't choose a class =(!

As much as I want to level all of them at the same time, I just don’t have the time =(
I want to choose a main but I just can’t decide.

I want to be useful
I Don’t want to play the most overpopulated classes
I want to have something to work towards
I want to be able to help the community (I just don’t tank…I’ve tried it and I just can’t do it =( )

In my experience, if you want to be useful and helpful to the community, that has much more to do with the kind of player you are vs. what class you play. A patient, generous, good-humored, and responsible player is incalculably valuable in any role in any group.

That’s what can distinguish you amid overpopulated classes, as well.

I find all classes give you something to work towards, kind of the nature of the game.

Rotate through your characters if you want to level all of them! You may find you end up enjoying it more, and by and by you’ll have all the same experiences anyway. I have very little time to play, an hour at most most days, so that’s more or less what I’ve ended up doing (and I have THREE hunters!)

Of course, your mileage may vary, depending on what you most enjoy about the game – I admit there is something about being a valued member of a dungeon/raiding guild, filling a role dependent on your class. Though again with that, in my experience (having once been a raiding guild’s 1st officer as a hunter) it’s much more about what you bring personally than what buttons you’re pushing.

5 Likes

Thank you =). I’ve always been the type of person to go out of my way to help people, I guess it’s why I wanted to find a class that’s kind of like me =D.

1 Like

I have found myself in a similar situation these last few weeks at least. So i’ve just been bouncing around with several classes. I’ve been having fun with it overall, but my sense of progress is pretty diminished because of it.

I just keep telling myself eventually i’ll stick with one of them, but it hasn’t happened yet!

Best of luck in your journey!

Hi, I’m mainly a tank, someone that was hoping to be “useful” to the community. Let me give you my honest answer when it comes to picking a class.

Mage.

Why?

Best damage potential in dungeons, with solid AOE and ST.
Best utility, being able to make food, kite/slow enemies, CC, counterspell, decurse, and more.
Tanks want to bring you to dungeons to make life easier, Healers want your water.
With practice, AoE grinding is one of the best ways to make gold.
From what I’m seeing, it doesn’t take much at all to get rolling for damage. I rolled with a fresh 60 Mage in mainly greens and he was still top damage, and did like 3 things.
As for working towards something - you’re in luck. If you go tailoring, you can work towards making huge slot bags, and also the few epic recipes that are BOP to just Mages.

I vote for hunter. You have a built in tank you can heal and you are the DPS. You can go through the world helping people with quests and farming and you’ll never need additional help (provided you’re a high enough level).

I agree with everything you wrote, except Mages are an overpopulated class. The bonus is that I would enjoy 2 mages in every group - as they make dungeons pretty smooth.

Mage is pretty awesome. I love being able to give people food and water (which is greatly needed in Classic!). Polymorph is useful. Just seems like a great character.

1 Like

I really struggled with choosing one too. Ultimately, I also chose Mage. The overall utility is unbeatable. I solo 99% of the time. Hunter was a close second. I have no idea how to play one and I am decent on the Mage.

1 Like

^me with updated character

Why not play a druid, priest, or paladin? Shaman if you’re playing horde. Everyone needs a healer, and they’re less common than dps.

1 Like