I am so sick of farming mounts

Again and again and again.

And than how about another.

But nothing drops, it’s so disheartening that after years you just don’t get the ones you want, and than end up with some reskin of a reskin or another basic model something that you didn’t even know existed.

Why are mounts down in the 1% range of rarity anymore? There are like 500 mounts with probably more than half a low % drop chance.

I think only those that carry achievements should be so rare, like Ashes and Deathcahrger, which I don’t even have so no I am not trying to make one of my mounts rare and the rest not. The ones I want don’t have achievements and have been in the game for a long time, but just won’t drop for me.

21 Likes

I feel your pain after getting Invincible, Ashes and the White Hawkstrider years ago I just don’t have it in me to run the hamster wheel again I wish Blizzard did the same thing FFXIV did where you run specific dungeons and get currency that could be traded for these rare drop mounts for a limited time.

18 Likes

Because they’re cosmetic.

31 Likes

Yes cosmetics that do nothing to player power, but also like xmog and battle pets, hunter pets and glpyhs, it makes your character feel more the way you want it and that makes some people want to play more.

5 Likes

I can see why Blizzard does this; Do you want every player hitting max level, cheesing low level content, and then everyone has Invincible or whatever if it was a guaranteed drop?

It was only 100% obtainable from cutting edge raiders when it was current content, it alway dropped and the raid would roll for it, and someone out of the 25 would get it.

Imho, having a low drop chance also simulates the chances of you trying to get it versus 25 other people in the raid. Even at a low drop chance, you’re the only one so you will get it IF it drops.

TL;DR = Artificial scarcity to keep “special” mounts as “rare” (Also to keep you grinding/playing)

But yeah Rustfeather will be in my dreams, now and for many years to come probably.

10 Likes

So don’t farm them?

38 Likes

If most of the mounts were easily obtainable, you would not care to play for them. Which is why you always see the player base so proud when they get a extremely rare mount. They use it right away and fly around enjoying their newly obtained mount. No one ever got excited in todays WoW buying their 10g swift mount from he merchant. Why? Cuz its easily obtainable. You like certain mounts believe it or not because of their scarcity as well as aesthetics.

13 Likes

It sounds like they already have you playing plenty farming for them. How are you going to play more?

I like having 1% drop mounts, those are a heck of a lot easier to get than the ones with .0002% drops.

2 Likes

Yeah, i like the 1% ones. Every single 1% mount drop i have i got in under 450 tries and 450 was the most a mount ever took, sometimes it takes 50 times, other times it takes 200 but most of the time you can expect it to come in 300 ish runs.

The sub 1% ones i hate, i must have tried for the love rocket thousands of times and eventually i just gave up because i could kill it another few thousand times with no real expectation of being satisfied. Sometimes we just have to know when to stop bashing our heads against the wall, maybe if love rocket participation tanks so hard that barely anyone bothers anymore they could buff it up to a reasonable rate (like 1%).

4 Likes

Are you asking why some mounts shouldn’t have rarity?

1 Like

Because they are rare. Sort of the definition of rare. No one is telling you to farm them.

4 Likes

that’s how they keep milking subs…

from hardcore mount collectors… imagine people doing sha of anger or nalak for YEARS now on 50 characters every single week and still nothing.

glad I just do 1-2 runs here and there to break out the monotony.

2 Likes

I feel you. I really do. I’m not a mount collector, but my husband is, and watching him do the Headless Horseman fight on 14–yes, 14–characters every single day of the Halloween event every year for 10+ years…never to have it drop. I get it.

My daughter logged on when she was playing on her dad’s account last year (she got her own account as a Christmas present), and the FIRST TIME she EVER did the encounter, she got the mount and showed it to him when he got home from work that day.

It was super sweet, but I saw the look on his face. He was SO happy she did that and that she got it on his account for him…but the disappointment of having done it SO MANY times and never having it drop. I get it. He gets it. We feel you in the Meriweather family household, OP.

10 Likes

This is why I don’t farm low drop % mounts. The last mount I farmed was the one from Nightbane in the Legion Karazhan, and even with like a 20% drop rate it still took me like 15 runs to get it. I cannot imagine wasting my life away farming 1% mounts, especially since most of them drop from the final bosses in raids which means it’s a substantial time investment (especially for those with lots of unskippable RP). I agree that a better system should be put in place, but I doubt it ever happens.

2 Likes

unlikely to ever happen the marketing for mounts is big and they know some people keeps throwing subs for the mounts.

it’s like expecting some sort of skip to quest to garrosh from SoO or any raid without skips that drops mounts… we can suggest it it’s unlikely to happen.

Then stop farming them. You’re not meant to get everything you want with no effort, or whenever you feel it’s been enough and you deserve it. Apply that to 90% of the complaints on here. If you don’t like it, stop doing it. All of these respawn timers, low drop chances, randomness, etc exist for a reason. There are no guarantees.

And for the record, I farm mounts consistently and hardly ever get a drop. Two of them I farm in previous dungeons and have been for a long time. I can’t even get toys to drop most of the time.

6 Likes

I got ashes and I’m done with farming! You really only need one mount, so after you get your favorite, there’s no reason to get more (unless they have cool utilities like the yak) if you don’t want to.

I got the Ironhoof Destroyer yesterday.

2 Likes

people care about cosmetics more than most things in this game.
dont talk about it like its something non important

7 Likes

And things like this that don’t actually affect your character can be the reason someone either stops or keeps playing.

Maybe a couple, but you are right, once you get the mount you want it does help. Currently I use a store brought mount more than anything because the ones I want I cannot get and the ones I have are just not ones I use all that often.