I am missing all my old characters

I logged into The BfA, last time I played was WoTLK, and none of my old characters are there. I am just curious what could have happened to them?

I tried to see if I could do a character transfer to find their old servers and don’t see them listed.

If you remember which server they were on, you should be able to just choose that server and they will likely show up :wink:

When it’s been that long, the column for “# of Characters” on the server tends to stop working. But once you select the server, they will appear.

I know you said that the Character Transfer service wasn’t able to reveal them, but see if the Item Restoration service can list them:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration/characters

Also, make sure you are logging in to the correct Battle Net account and / or WoW license.

Bear in mind though, that your character names might be different as names are now automatically released after 2 expansions of inactivity. If your previous names were not taken by anyone else, you could just rename your characters back. If they were, you would need to pick new names when you go to log in to each character.

Inactive Character Name: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11226

Are you sure you are checking the correct realms, Dalgrim? I see you have logged into several realms where you have recently created new characters.

It looks like your old characters were on Lethon, Mug’thol and Laughing Skull.

Thanks, couldn’t remember where they were. I saw a post from the past saying the character transfer would show them.

2 Likes

It normally should, but it might have been too long ago for the system to pull it until you had logged in.

1 Like

I checked Mug/Thol and found the ones I was looking for, thank you very much

11 Likes

I am missing all of my old toons - originally on Arthas, transferred to Dawnbringer in 2008. I will try the trick of clicking on the server - but I am pretty sure I tried that. It would have been at least 5 level 90s from Cata.

If loading into the server doesn’t help, try making a new level one character.

If they don’t show up after that, either they’re not on that server, or you’re looking on the wrong license if you have multiple.

1 Like

Ok, thank you - I will try that - and only one account since vanilla.

Another thing you can try is clicking your character icon in the upper right corner of this page, and then click “change character.”

It should bring up a list of characters available on your account, and then you can switch to others and view their profiles. They should tell you what server they’re on.