I am done with Horrific Visions

He kinda has a point, though.

If everything in the game were based around what anyone could beat, whether it be a 12yo or a 60yo, then we wouldn’t really have all that much of a game, now would we?

The content isn’t that difficult, but you’ve expressed that you don’t enjoy the content because of 2 things: the timer and the high cost of entry. But this is content that’s tied directly to the core of the patch: your legendary cloak. Doing that content is what allows you to don more corruption gear and thus, allowing you more room to maximize your damage output through the corruption gear. If you don’t like doing the gateway content, for whatever reason, to higher damage output, then don’t do it. But it’s decent content, even if the cost of entry is a bit high. You can’t expect to get any sympathy from here, though, because your reasons for not doing the content aren’t exactly justified.

3 Likes

And because upgrading the cloak is core content, it should be more accessible. Some options offered in this discussion are: lower the price of entry, let you run it as much as you want, make it so you can clear two zones even if you disconnect or crash, make pages available via the mission table, make pages drop from raid bosses. There are all sorts of options that would let folks do what they are doing while let folks who find it stressful do something else.

2 Likes

People also need to keep in mind that these cloaks will be worthless for all but leveling in the next xpac. There’s no real need to max the cloak because of the irrelevance factor. Do the things that are important to you and don’t stress on this. It’s an illusion to reassure stockholders in any case.

2 Likes

HV’s just aren’t very fun, and they aren’t very rewarding.

It’s already something I’m doing out of commitment, not with excitement.

The Mage Tower was far superior content. It wasn’t always “fun,” wasn’t always perfect, but overall it was well designed, and with amazing rewards.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of it either, and as a casual player don’t really see much of an incentive to push them very much since I don’t care about the cloak level. I’d rather the timer just offer more rewards or something like m+.

Once again, what I said months ago came to pass. White Knights who defended Blizzard said I was wrong to point this design flaw out, but it seems that my assessment of players was accurate again.

For context, I was against the prohibitive costs of doing Visions, and also had a deep concern that once player’s hit their personal wall, they would get fatigued from it, because of how light the patch was.

Crazy how that works.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/visions-of-n-zoth-content-update-development-notes/324862/9

Imagine if Players could do the Invasions every single day for currency or a chance at a corrupted item. It would certainly take the sting out of failing a mission if you could recoup your currency pretty swiftly. It’d also help the people who continue to not get any corrupted gear at all.

It’d be great also if our Void Focus could like… Corrupt gear, akin to the Crucible for mementos.

1 Like

I’m doing ok but a ways off from a full clear, but I enjoy them regardless and fully intend to push them as far as I can.

I understand people not liking the systems currently in place. Other than M+ there really isn’t much timed content. Things have always been go go go since BC now and enrage timers were a thing before actually timers, so we didn’t get here overnight.

I don’t care for rushing content either my friend, but I do not mind having to get my ducks in a row and reacting on my feet to meet a timer, and the deeper into the tree you go and the higher your cloak rank the less of an issue the timer is anyway.

I can easily get 2 pages per vessel, upgrading isn’t hard, but if you want that loot with the decent ilvl you have to do masks and my hunter doesn’t struggle, but pushing the DPS high enough on this toon, to take the mobs down quick enough to get the full clear is what’s really pushing my game right now.

That’s and there’s nothing else to do. :rofl:

1 Like

How is it blizzard’s fault you have a questionable computer/internet connection?

1 Like

I think the gating to get INTO Visions is way too extreme (good idea designing your expac to not be played). However the Visions themselves, well the last 3 pugs I’ve been in have all done full clears. People are getting better and more familiar and the runs are becoming smoother. There are less wipes and less people being complete idiots.

As for the “timer”, the entire game is filled with timers of one sort or another, a raid boss mechanic where you have to kill something before he enrages/fills room with fire/reaches 100 energy/runs away is still a type of timer.

Well, the game crashed, so it sort of is Blizz’s fault in a way.

Thank you. The frantic crap has to go.

3 Likes

It’s an exceptionally poor guild officer who attempts to throw their rank around on the forums to try and squelch people because they disagree with them. She has as much a right to voice her concerns about the system as any person.

Not only that, since it was Dràgonborne she mentioned as having this opinion, it is Dràgonborne and not you who should have been the one to refute the statement. Or would you tell him to shut up if he posted his frustrations about the Visions system as well?

All you achieved, is make a strong case that player privacy means nothing to you and that you abuse your rank to threaten a members into compliance. A far more tempered and much more professional thing to do would have been to approach her in game via a in game mail, instead of making a call out with her alt (which she probably would of preferred remaining private); to try and browbeat compliance.

But no. You wanted to go for a name/shame. Which is frankly speaking, pathetic.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing them fine solo as a mage. It’s true that I’m a little jealous of the classes that are doing full clears and working on masks, but at least every week I’ve been getting my upgrade in the minimum number of runs. Only feel like I ever wasted one vessel, my very first one.

1 Like
  1. Lower the price of entry
  • How low would would you deem it? What is YOUR determination of what SHOULD be an acceptable price? As of right now, you can get 4 visions/wk if you only do the assaults, lesser visions each day, and all daily quests. The first week you were only able to get 3 because we hadn’t gotten the buff to dailies and lesser visions. So 23 visions we’ve earned for daily/weekly content, on top of the 2 extra visions you got from doing the starting questline. 25 total vessels in 6 weeks, yet you’ve only actually needed to run 16 (2-8 only required 1 each, 2 runs for 9, 3 for 10, and 4 for 11 currently). That means you had 9 extra (if you completed the minimum every single time for your upgrade) for exploring and/or banking (and you definitely NEEDED to do some extra if you didn’t want to cap). I feel like 50% overage is more than enough, honestly. And that’s with minimal hassle by logging on and doing some dailies, which took at most an hour.
  1. Run it as much as you want
  • What even is the point then? Why is there no willingness to accept risk/reward? Why must everything be free to do? You can’t just walk into a +15 mythic dungeon if you, or the keyholder, hasn’t built that key up TO the 15. The entire corruption system is based around risk/reward, so why should the gateway content be any different?
  1. Make it so you can clear even during disconnects/crashes.
  • This is one of two points I’ll agree with you on, and the other point only partially. If you, for some reason, crash or disconnect, then it should be held that either your key is returned at the entrance of the vision in a chest or it places you in the exact same spot you were last in. I’m no coder by any means, but because HV’s are specifically instanced, I don’t see this being an impossible task.
  1. Make pages available via mission table.
  • Why in the living hell is this even an option. You’re saying that content specific to the patch, based entirely around N’zoth’s will corrupting your own, should be unlocked by some followers you don’t even see on a mission board that is literally the easiest thing in the game to manipulate? Come on, bud.
  1. Make pages drop from raid bosses
  • This is actually the only good idea. Of course it would need to be from sectioned bosses (Maut, Vexiona, and N’zoth seem like good examples) and not every single boss, but this is the only actual attempt at a reasonable secondary source of pages.
2 Likes

I thought it was a tacky move on his part. He could have just communicated to the OP ingame, rather than opting for the public humiliation combo. It appeared like some weird flex move on his part. “Hey, I’m a guild OFFICER.”

I mean that’s cool but do the rest of us need to know he’s a guild officer? Do the rest of us need to care?

On this I agree with you. I made the same observation in another post last night. I also find visions not fun.

I say this all the time!!! The sooner blizzard learn this concept the better!!

That really was what my issue was too.

Normally I never get involved in another guild’s affairs, but it was a scummy way to handle things. There were a million better ways to solve it. To me, the whole thing really came off as: “Respect my authoritah!”, which is the last thing a Guild Officer should be doing, unless they rule through fear.

Besides, I really doubt that anyone would of drawn a correlation between his guild and the OP if he hadn’t confirmed it by mentioning her alt. If it were one of my officers, they’d be back to grade one and collecting box-tops again for abuse of rank and embarrassing the guild. :woman_shrugging:

Sorry you got flack Brille. I don’t think you were in the wrong.

1 Like

So we agree on #3 an #5, which is fine by me.

1 Like

Same. I never even pay attention to guild names anymore. If I were his GM I’d reduce his rank to pog collector.

1 Like