I am ditching Mac and switching to PC, any advice?

My main reason is that I want to play Diablo IV (and some other unplayed games that are sitting in my Steam library). I would like to hear from fellow Mac users who made a similar switch or use both platforms. What is your experience? What are the pros and cons? Thanks!

Have you tried Boot Camp on your Mac to run Windows natively on your current system?

1 Like

Yes, I did that for several years. I am looking for a long term solution. Apple (switching to AMR chips which I assume means no more bootcamp) is primarily a phone maker and computers are an afterthought and computer gaming an after afterthought.

Totally understand. They did show off an emulation app but didn’t go into Boot Camp etc. Microsoft has a version of Windows running on ARM processors so who knows.

ARM seems to be the future of the desktop, just not for a few years (probably why Apple is going to keep bringing out Intel-based macs). Anyway, you won’t notice much if any difference besides games performing better. Operating systems are so similar to the end user now that there’s really nothing to worry about. Linux, macOS, PC it’s all reliable and runs well for the most part. If you have other iDevices don’t forget you can use the iCloud website to work with all the things like notes and iWork etc.

Edit: And like the other guy, I recommend just using Bootcamp until you get new hardware. You can just install a minimum macOS that only takes up 20gigs or so and use the rest in the Bootcamp.

1 Like