I’ve noticed something about World PVP…

I’ve noticed something that is disturbing. A lack of care for your faction. More specifically, a care to protect your faction leader, NPC’s and vendors, fellow players, and low leveled Enlistee’s from raids. big or small.

I play on the biggest sever. MoanGuar— I mean… MoonGuard. (At least, I think it’s the biggest server.)
I’m extremely disappointed in the lack of interest in the community when it comes to supporting/defending your faction. This recent holiday, “Guard Day”, made me realize how pointless it is. There are no rewards. There is no incentives to defend your city except an achievement for killing 50 enemy players in your city. That’s it. (Aside from gaining little amounts of honor)

I’ve seen Stormwind raided so many times. They kill Auctioneers, prevent players from getting their quests, banking, buying or selling items, etc… and nobody does anything. They stay blue out of pvp, despite having the ability to stop them.

If there was a REASON for players to get involved and WORK AS A TEAM… It would make for great battles, strengthen faction patriotism, encourage teamwork and reduce toxicity, help new players play the game and enjoy it, etc etc…

There Needs to be a common Goal. A reward. A reason to fight. A reason to protect. This game has so much potential. There are a lot of hardcore gamers out there that would love a more competitive scene.

So… I’m hoping that other players agree with what I’m saying. Or may have something to say about it. And hopefully it might get Blizzard’s attention just as Hardcore WoW got their attention.

4 Likes

Well, there are two types of players in the PvP scene:

• Players who do PvP just for the sake of fighting other players and enjoy competition.
  • Players who do PvP because they enjoy the RPPvP fantasy.

I’m a player who does PvP because I just like fighting other players. I don’t care if they are Horde or Alliance; I just want to fight other players.

I miss the days of MoP Timeless Isle Censor of Eternal Agony and BfA Sliver of N’Zoth. I could fight everyone, which was great.

With the games lore moving in the direction of Horde and Alliance being at peace with each other, and with cross faction, this might be the reason why you see people caring less about their faction.

4 Likes

That being said, I think the game needs to start moving into a different direction when it comes to WPvP. Instead of primarily being Horde vs Alliance (it’ll still be there, but less focus on the two), there needs to be another enemy that players can be to both factions, being a criminal or outlaw.

These players will be hostile to everyone, even to other criminals or outlaws if they aren’t in their party or guild. These players won’t be able to use faction cities as they’ll be hostile, only being able to use neutral towns such as Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, Valdrakken, etc. They’ll be given their own hub, Plunder Isle (NYI), Home of the Bloodsail Buccaneers.

With there being another threat to the factions, players will receive increased bonuses for staying loyal to their faction. i.e a faction loyalist buff. Killing criminals will grant more Honor and killing bountied criminals will grant more conquest/honor.

I think an introduction of a system like this would lead to a more competitive scene because you’d have more players to fight. If there was a “big bad” such as criminals, with increased rewards for those who remain part of their faction, it would give players that common goal and even would encourage the factions working as a team to kill criminals, even if they’re still hostile to each other at the end of the day.

3 Likes

That sounds like so much fun. I would love a criminal/outlaw system

2 Likes

Which is every PvP WQ in DF…

1 Like

this is why no one wants to protect

what do they get out of it? Nothing, thus, in today’s min-maxing wow, is a waste of time.

I really do wish it wasn’t the case and that some people could be bothered, but nah, all that matters is parses, keys and pvp ratings, screw everything else

3 Likes

BTDT, but that’s why I went Horde, so I can show the Failliance how much I “cared” about them…heh eh.

N.A. Normal Alliance culture for the loss. I’ve seen it since 1.7.

Guars moan? I thought it was like a lowing guttural sound. I finished doing my personal 20th anniversary celebration play of Morrowind and I’m not sure they moan…

Took a detour for that if you didn’t mind. :smiley:

I’m the worst soloist and duoist you would know that did it. Thankfully for you, I was on the Normal side. So I hope you counted some blessings. It did not take me long to be hated by Eonar-Velen when I started!

The Horde had this, right here. You should be asking how come one faction in North America Normal(I can’t speak for Europe/Asia/Oceania/Latin America and RP unless the shoe fits) got it together and the other didn’t? I heard it often we’re all the same kind of nerd, but I kept finding that one tribe of nerds were jockier/nerdier than the other tribe…

I do agree, but I think what has always been the case was that the Horde in particular(overall esoterically) had the better players and this reflects more from real-world demographics. That goes for both PvE and PvP.

I started out as Alliance, but I was also a complete newb to MMOs. I was also 20 years of age; the average Hordie by my assessment would be older and more experienced(to MMOs).

As you’ve argued(and I would have loved to be an Allliance Gobbo), I would have faithfully kept on for my faction. It’s only because there was no fire in the belly, nothing but sour grapes, and there was no taking on the Horde by myself…

this is really accurate

the current game design doesn’t leave any time to just ‘enjoy and relax’ with the game

there is always some grind, always some distant reward

bliz literally training their players to not care about any activity that isn’t rewarding for their time, chasing carrots

2 Likes

Moon Guard is full of people who are offended war exists in a war IP. Of course they’re not going to help. They’'d rather wPvP didn’t exist at all because the alerts disturb their RP.
Not even joking.

Not much you can do about that.

2 Likes