I’m sad, friends

Friends, today my beautiful sweet cat Ninja crossed over the rainbow bridge. He had been sick for a few weeks and got to spend his last few days at home with his family. I’m glad he was able to rest in my arms in his home.

I’ll miss you forever my sweet boy.

75 Likes

:sob:I’m sorry for your loss

12 Likes

20 Likes

Oh no, that is heartbreaking Vicktoria!

Losing your fluffy loved ones is hard, I’m so sorry.

9 Likes

My condolences. I don’t want to imagine a world without the pets in our lives, we don’t deserve them.

6 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear that. :frowning:

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Treasure the memories and make room in your heart for another baby who desperately needs a loving home.

8 Likes

My condolences OP. Kitties are our babies, regardless what others may say. They just never had the joy of having one in their lives like we had.

7 Likes

My nephew has a dog named Ninja, he’s been with the family for years and sadly he is going blind.

Don’t think he has much time left…

I’m sorry to hear about your cat.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. Cats are the absolute best.

This will probably be misinterpreted or something, but it is meant as a suggestion to help and nothing more. People cope differently, and this might be something that can make you feel better. If not, I’m sorry.

You can rename companion pets in-game. I have a few named after old pets that I have adventure with me sometimes. It’s not the same, of course, but it’s my own little memorial to them.

9 Likes

That’s such a sweet suggestion, thank you
I may do that at some point

4 Likes

I lost my cat William at age 19 (his age, not mine), he was sick for a few days and wouldn’t eat then died overnight. I still miss him, and that must’ve been at least 3-5 years ago.

I’m gonna get another egyptian mau if it kills me, he was an Israeli street cat my parents got gifted when my dad worked there overseas. Fairly certain he was mostly a variety of mau, he had the spots. He only really liked me, hung out in my room all the time, and ended up becoming my cat. He was kind of territorial of other cats so no other cat friends unfortunately. He hated the outdoors, maybe because he was from the desert temperate climates felt all wrong?

I’ve had many great cats, all of which have now passed, and I hope to have at least a few more. Maybe once I move. Very sorry for your loss. For those of us who don’t have children or a ton of friends, pets really do fill the gap. At least they have for me.

8 Likes

I’d also like to think that the reason they live such short lives is so we can love a lot more of them.

I’ve had about 7 dogs growing up, and while I wish they were still here, I’m happy I had the opportunity to experience their companionship.

I think about that with my Shiba boi all the time.

6 Likes

Stay easy and strong,

Losing your friend is more hurtful than a break up

I am sorry

6 Likes

I am sorry about your cat. :cry:

8 Likes

(gives Vicktoria a cookie and a gentle hug in memory of Ninja)

:cookie:

6 Likes

So sorry friend. Kitty is now a member of Clan Stargazer and will appear as a twinkle in the night sky.

8 Likes

:broken_heart:

I am so sorry, Victoria! Losing a furbaby is a very tough pain to go through, especially if you were extremely close to them.

There is comfort in knowing that Ninja is no longer feeling pain, and is there over the Rainbow Bridge chasing butterflies and watching over you always. :purple_heart:

I’ve done this with two of my in game pets, and two of my lost furbabies (Katie and Meeko). It is somewhat comforting seeing a little furball traipsing behind your character with your pets name attached to it…but it is definitely something to do after you’ve healed some.

Very good suggestion indeed! :blush:

:sparkles:

11 Likes

Awww much love to you during this painful time. I went through similar events in March. Even though she was an outdoor feral cat who eventually became friendly, she was family and were blessed with her presence for 11 years.

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words

5 Likes