I’m a horde and I don’t matter

Nah, as usual. Alliance had minimal empathy for Horde when BG queues were the hot button topic of the week, and now that a fix that does absolutely nothing to hurt them is in the game, they have been whining non stop.

Alliance needs a better carrot than “we can actually play the game!” And I’m all for them getting that carrot. But I’m not gonna pretend this fix hurts them.

People love pulling in boring chore or job examples, as if that helps their case.

1 Like

Lol that’s an apples and oranges comparison, red lights take one minute maximum? Not even that a majority of the time. This change does not even impact the alliance, their queue times will remain the same. Their population will remain the same because most people are not that sweaty to drop their friends and guild to start at level 1 and go all the way to 70 and gear JUST for better racials. People who cared about racials are already playing horde.

But it’s not apples to oranges. It’s me deciding it’s a solution to my problem and the others around me don’t matter. If you can’t see the effects this will have then you have no ability to see well enough ahead to see the problems. First and foremost I never once said anything about alliance queue times I agree they won’t change. The change will come in server imbalance and economy. Simply that. Unarguable those will happen.

2 Likes

The crying will be louder than anything this forum has ever seen if blizzard let them eat the cake then told them they couldn’t have it too.

Honestly I hope it happens I want to see the chaos, but it would definitely result in extreme anger and canceled subs you can be sure.

1 Like

Tuesday! It’s inevitable. They already said they are pulling it. IT WILL BE LOUD! And really now blizzard is in a rough spot and the reason there has been an imbalance forever is simply there will always be a BEST and that is the problem. People will always go that way. There is no good answer. None

If everyone is powerful then no one is powerful. Giving someone else a replica benefit cancels out our benefit (the alliance) all together. Not an outlandish concept but the horde seem bewildered by it. It is no longer a benefit but a staple not worth discussing during a discussion on which side is better.

Not the best solution, but it’s working.

The players who don’t queue literally do not matter to me. And there’s a massive amount of Alliance who refuse to. Not my job to entice them into BGing.

That Alliance see a fix that only benefits Horde, in an area that has needed something done for a long time, to be at par with the Alliance? Yes, I can see that the blue boys would have absolute conniptions over this.

Yes, because the blue boys heads exploded when Blizzard decided Horde should be able to BG, too. Sucks to lose your playgroup, but maybe should take it as more of a red flag about your playgroup than mine that they would quit over us getting into BGs at all.

Correct

Sounds like you’re halfway there. Go take the plunge. Change is staying.

Please explain how it will effect those please. A LOT of people play this game just to PvE anyway so anyone in that boat will be completely uneffected. Also please explain why you think alliance will die, I always love to hear this argument. Sure you’ll have your few sweaty rerollers but the majority will not want to suffer through leaving all their friends and guild behind, leveling from 1-70 and then regearing another character… LITERALLY JUST FOR BETTER RACIALS… because that’s the only reason they would since like you said, queue times will remain the same.

It is an outlandish concept, to say that the only reason to play Alliance is to be able to play the game. Why anyone would think that’s reasonable, I have no clue.

Like many others before me have said this was not an issue created by blizzard but a player issue. Having slight advantages here and there will tip the scales dramatically overtime. Eventually we have a massive horde audience and a que is formed in battlegrounds because there wasn’t enough incentive to play alliance other than you like the races. Veterans of the alliance and horde both feel burnout eventually and are refreshed by new players to continue the legacy of their respective side.

The issue here is that efficiency is king in this world we live in, and that trend translates to wow as well. With very little research it becomes blatantly obvious that horde possess better story, better pve, and better PvP advantages. These advantages sprout more advantages naturally like better talented players, better guilds, bigger player base which all encourage aspiring players looking for the pinnacle of the wow experience. I could keep rambling all day but it’s obvious to me and anyone that thinks about this stuff that horde are going to be sitting pretty for a long long time, meanwhile the alliance will trend downward into the sorry state they are in currently in retail.

not to burst your premise here, but it actually was blizzard created… just not by this blizzard.

They made the racials, they obviously favoured horde.

The current Blizzard just responded poorly to the players decisions and choices.

So again. Get on Blizzard to give Alliance a real carrot. Stop acting like the only way to make things even is to hinder Horde players because you perceive a Horde bias from Blizzard. Plenty of Alliance racials are great, if not better, than most Horde racials. Personally, I started off Ally but came to dislike the smug righteousness of the NPCs that seems to have rubbed off on a serious number of the players. You could not pay me to roll Alliance now. But I have no issue wearing a Flimsy Human Mask if it means I get to actually play the game I enjoy.

It’s a back and forth thing of course… alliance being more popular in the original iteration of the game blizzard buffed the horde racials overtime and released the pretty race blood elves to try to bring people toward the horde, and ever since then they thrived. You mix that with humans natural inclination toward effiency, success, and power you get faction imbalance. In conclusion… I doubt anyone that says they rolled horde because of friendship.

1 Like

Buffed?

You do realize that Will of the forsaken in its initial concept was a 20 second duration yes?

Yes I agree with you I’ve always liked the relaxed nature of the trolls and tauren in the story. Even the mixture of the more shady orcs becomes a nice foil effect overall to the horde. Meanwhile the alliance are… just very boring. I doubt I would be playing alliance right now if I didn’t randomly decide to roll alliance all those years ago and grow comfortable with them overtime.

Anyway I just think there should be no carrot period to keep the playing field more even, but realistically I’d say there’s no real way to save the alliance shortcomings lore wise.

I agree that there shouldn’t be any intentional carrot for either. But I don’t disagree when you say this has been a slow tipping of the scales of PvP oriented players preferring Horde. Blizz should do something to entice Alliance players to participate in BGs; but given the lack of interest in PvP Alliance side in Retail over the last few years even with some hefty bonuses, what would it even take?

I just wanted to say that I respect you for having ethics and sticking to them.

I agree that this is not good for the alliance population and I am worried that my 61% horde server will become more imbalanced as time goes on. Especially with changes like this. A balanced PVP server is pretty big to me and it’s what I loved about my server in Classic.

I also really, and I mean really am not a fan of the horde vs horde BGs as I feel it detracts a lot from what this game is built around but yeah I just wanted to post to say that I respect your viewpoint.

1 Like

A neuralyzer from men in black to wipe away the established stereotypes associated with alliance and horde. Like I said before the players that wanted to PvP have already been influenced to go horde because of the popular mindset of most. This mindset obviously isn’t baseless since horde obviously have the appearance of the aggressor (zombies, orcs), the faction color being red which means hostility usually in emotion. So even if we did hit horde with the nerf bat it’s still hard to change the casual player that make up the majority.