Hypothetical: Let's say WoW is shutting down

Laugh, because that situation will never happen.

2 Likes

In such a scenario I would try to contact people from the guild on Grizzly Hills for a farewell, hang out with the guildies on Khazā€™Goroth, and when the curtain fell, archive the WoW directory (for the inevitable ā€œprivateā€ servers) and purge Blizzard from the main drive.

1 Like

I log out. And go play something else. Likely after coming to the forums to make a ā€œbye Feliciaā€ post.

1 Like

Iā€™ve already done this before.

I stayed on my home server in City of Heroes, in Atlas Park, until the server shut down and kicked me out.

Iā€™d be in Thunder Bluff, waiting to get kicked.

4 Likes

Retail WoW no longer breeds fans, only tourists, so of course the responses to this thread would be a resounding ā€œmehā€. Retail isnā€™t really a game worth getting attached to and it shows.

Classic, however, fans are literally calling it ā€œhomeā€.

1 Like

Because this thread is really a ā€œclassic is good retail badā€ thread in disguise

5 Likes

I go back to playing FFXIV.

2 Likes

At last. A bulletproof excuse for missing raid night!

2 Likes

Its a hypotheticalā€¦ meaning not real. A make believe scenario. Somethint that is not happening.

Some people will find any excuse to whine about classic.

Back on topic, I would personally get this guy to max level quick as possible then PvP to the end.

I met a lot of cool pals through this game, it would break my heart but i suppose there is still a bunch of Megaten games i need to finish and i can finally start some horror games as well.

Celebrate to an extent as this would inevitably be the beginning of the end of the gaming industry as we know it.

Just go back to OSRS. Waste my life on another pointless grind. I play both at the same time anyway

Iā€™d just yell Iā€™M FREEEE and find something else to play.

I cancelled my six month sub awhile back, and just logged out in Darkshore since it was one of my favourite zones.

If I was playing at the end Iā€™d pick a zone and wait for the world to fall away.

Maybe STV or Borealis. Duskwood is nice tooā€¦

Nothing. Thereā€™s no point.

A bit sad. WoW is my 15-year old habit.

No Iā€™m in my own guild but I do have bnet friends I would miss.

Probably not to another MMO. Iā€™ve tried a lot over the years and none of them has kept me as entertained as WoW.

Ohā€¦ Well in that case Iā€™m changing my response. Iā€™d mount my IRL unicorn and fly off into the sunset, screaming LEEERRRROOOYYY all the while swinging a ridiculously large turkey leg.

My unicorn would also be puking rainbows the whole time.

1 Like

Me! At 55 with failing health issues, going blind and deaf, not a chance i would go try to find another game. I do have FFXIV, and am really good, but WoW is my main fix, so i would stop playing games period.

2 Likes

In all honesty Iā€™d be extremely sad. WoW has been my go to game to relieve stress for many many years. I dabble in Minecraft, mostly just creative mode and making giant buildings, so Iā€™d probably just do that more often, as well as watch a lot more tv shows and movies.
Iā€™d probably get more sleep too, haha.
Not sure there are any other games out there Iā€™d spend as much time playing as I do WoW, so it would be a bummer for me.

1 Like

Iā€™d park my warrior in Grizzly Hills, listen to the music one last timeā€¦ then log out and switch to youtube in a hopeless, bitter quest to find even remotely inspiring information about ESO, FFXIV and anything new that might be on the horizon.

1 Like

See? A visionary