Hypothetical: Let's say WoW is shutting down

Hypothetical:
So, on 10/22/2019 Blizzard decides to shut down World of Warcraft amidst controversy. They make a public statement and shutdown goes into effect at 12:00am PST that evening. Classic will remain open until Blizzcon ends and then it too will see it’s inevitable demise.

What do you do for the rest of the week? How do you feel about saying goodbye? Do you have friends in guilds that you’ll still talk to? Where do you go from here? Any response will do.

I know the forums is usually a place for complaint and relentless constructive criticism or just criticism in general at Blizzards decisions. Would those who have said goodbye already due to the issues at hand be saddened that they will never return after things settle? For those who feel the game is stagnating but still play for varied reasons, do you think you’ll miss more let downs from future expansions?

Edit: Or do you stay online till 12:00am specifically to see if you get Overlord’ed into the system?
I’m genuinely curious. Humorous responses also accepted.

2 Likes

Why does Classic get two more weeks of playability? Why don’t they shut down Classic first and then Retail after BlizzCon?

6 Likes

Then all my time and investment would be wasted.

1 Like

Because it was a newer release. It made more sense in my mind to keep Classic going awhile longer. You sorta missed the point though.

1 Like

Classic blizzard with their blatant favouritism :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’d rub it in all of the faces of the fanboys who said the game was doing fine while WoD bled subs by the millions, and became a game for whales instead of subscribers.

4 Likes

It’ll be a bummer but no biggie, at least they’ll probably have the resources to make awesome Warcraft RTS again.

1 Like

But it’s not newer, it’s a rerelease of a fifteen year old game. So it would make more sense to shut that down first and let the actual newer game state last longer.

2 Likes

See, that’s another good point. I wonder how many people would continue to purchase Blizzard games pending a shutdown of WoW.

Diablo 3, Destiny 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, my own modded Skyrim. I got lots of places to go, who invests their time in only one game? Forgot Warframe.

2 Likes

It’s a newer experience for most players who weren’t subbed to WoW classic. I’m not a fan of Classic really but in my head I still picture retail to go first. People are still excited over classic versus retail atm, so I’m using a present day mentality for the hypothetical.

I would be pretty sad tbh, I really like this game and the story it brings with it

That being said I would convert all my gold into bnet coin and buy blizzard or something

2 Likes
  • Park my characters at halfhill, Garrisons and other remote locations
  • Put town clothes on them .
  • Convert most of the gold into bnet balance and cash out some merchandise
  • Move on

Its what I did for Wildstar, Raganrok , Bless(Yes that Garbage) when the servers shutdown .

2 Likes

Good to see you’re all set.
Diablo 3 at the top of the list though? What a trooper.

WoW shutting down, I guess this time the RP is really gone. I’d have to spend the last bit of time collecting discords.

I’ll switch to another game as usual when wow gets too boring.

14 Likes

Why would classic remain open? lol

1 Like

I move on. Period.

1 Like

I log on my PvP toon and begin breaking every rule imaginable.