Hunters: Which is better 3p t2 or 8p t1?

Wowhead recommends to get 3p t2 but every other hunter I’ve spoken with tells me to go with 8p t1.

When doing a quick number crunch 8p t1 adds roughly 20-40 dmg to multishot, base, (and 6 dmg to volley) while 3p t2 adds 26ap to everything.

I’m not sure what to go with but my gut tells me 3p t2 is better overall than 8p t1. Does anyone know for sure which is better?

1 Like

Everything doesn’t have to be a min/max situation mate, pick whatever flavor you want to go with since it’s not that big of a difference.

4 Likes

tier 2 as more than 100 armor and is base stats are 12 lv higher.

multishot bonus aint good enough for me to pass on tier 2. If it was not for the 8 set bonus tier 1 would be near = to dire maul gear .

Equip your 3piece t2 > use your aspect > equip back your 8piece t1 > enjoy

That doesn’t work. No snapahotting

This doesnt work…Stop spreading misinformation.

8pc t1 will be better for cleave fights, 8pc t2 will be better for single target. Will not be replaced until t3 unless you get pvp epics.

T1 for padding on Golemagg.
T2 for everything else.

The difference is so small, it doesn’t matter.

I stand corrected then, memory was that it did snapshot, didn’t level a hunter this time around
(And to be sure are you checking the character sheet AP and not the icon? Because the icon updates when you equip the set for warriors but the AP still is the increased one)

Even without snapshot I’d still go with 8piece t1

t1 bis till naxx unless you get rank 13.