Hunters need a reason to be brought

I’m actually posting this for a friend, Hunters need a niche, something to justify bringing one over another dps this issue is especially noticeable in Mythic +.

Mobility is redundant considering how much unavoidable damage is abundant in keys. Their Defensives are a joke.

Currently what’s the reason bringing a Hunter over another dps?, they lack so much, Healing keys I notice Hunter’s are just damage and it’s not even that great, their overall survivability is horrible, no group buffs, range interrupt is subpar.

Utility is king in keys.

Literally the only use is Freehold on the final boss they can drop a frost trap every add spawn. Hardly a reason to justify bringing one.

Why not give them a group/raid wide leech buff?, Anything really is better then nothing.

They need something, a niche to be picked over another dps, a reason to be brought.

23 Likes

At one time we had so much to offer. We had a different pet spec for any buff needed. I know players complained that they didn’t want to bring that pet but right now I wish we still had the possibility. My spore bat still sits in the stable waiting for a reason to be used…lol

Our hunter’s mark used to give a buff. We had group wide resists (nature). Group wide speed buff. Now we have a lust that quite a few others offer with better dps.

I very rarely needed a heal as having a pet out gave us both heals. Now I feel if a boss sneezes in my direction I am dead.

I am very discouraged now and thinking about quitting.

25 Likes

My mate feels the same, that’s why I thought I should say something, he’s so disheartened, he’s tried Alts but is hell bent playing Hunter.

Hopefully Blizzard can figure out something, he’s on the verge of quitting aswell.

S1 Mythic + was tough for him and I think it’s just gotten to him lately. :frowning:

6 Likes

I predict 10.2 will be the Time of the Hunters.

Blizzard doesn’t care about our claims, I think they see all our complaints and laugh.

"We need to have fun! Let the hunters fight it out in the forum, and let’s make life worse for the miserable hunters!

Devs must be sadists! Those who take pleasure in seeing other people’s suffering.

4 Likes

There’s so much they can do just by adding something to the toolkit we already have. Give Hunters Mark a 5% dmg increase on it’s target to the group or let our pets give a 5% dmg increase, 10% damage reduction, or 10% speed increase to the whole group depending on what type of pet is out.

I dont think ive ever had as much trouble finding M+ groups as I’ve had this season. 90% of the time I only get in a group because I can lust. I blame all these tier lists floating around putting BM hunter at the bottom. Then I get in the group and do top dps and stay alive the most 80% of the time.

If Blizz doesnt want to give us the damage at least give us some group utility to make up for it.

7 Likes

I actually like this idea, So many Keys especially this week on fortify/bolstering have that “Burst this down quickly” mob, Hunters giving the group a 5% flat increase definitely could have its use.

For Balancing in Raids just drop it down to 3%, I still think a Leech group buff would be nice, every bit of added survivability you can give to a group goes so far and always wanted.

I always thought Sentinels Protection, While the Sentinel Owl is active, your party gains 5% leech. could somehow be turned into a baseline group/raid buff.

Alternatively,

Maybe Freezing Trap could hit all targets within a 5yd range?, great use in M+ even if just thrown into a pack of mobs to interrupt a cast.

1 Like

Aspect of the Fox or Aspect of the Pack needs to be added. Hunting Party could be a raid buff that increases crit, or Aspect of the Wild gives a nature resistance buff.

Hunters need to bring utility and buffs that are raid requirements. By not having a hunter can make encounters more difficult.

6 Likes

is unavoidable damage just instant damage to the whole raid or just mass aoe spam that lacks clear safe ground to stand or both?

this is really not the best idea because it only applies to one target and you need to manually apply it to each target. at worst it’s an in combat gcd and at best it’s something you macro into everything and forget about

lone wolf MM gamers would hate this

4 Likes

Adding damage or another group value to hunter’s mark is a bad idea. It was removed for a reason.

I’d much prefer a raid wide passive buff which doesnt come with our pets or which is still active while we have lonewolf.

3 Likes

turn owl into solar beam

unavoidable damage is damage that you take regardless of mechanic execution
raidwide pulse damage
having to use a mechanic to break something to prevent a wipe that causes damage
etc
basically it’s damage that you have no realistic input on avoiding
think like auras that pulse around bosses, or breaking the pillars on terros
these either just passively exist or have to be dealt with
it can also be targeted spells that cannot be interrupted, like lts in m+ that can’t be stunned or cc’d, like lightning storm from primalist mobs at the end of ruby life pools
or soaking the pools on the infinite dragon at the end of legacy of tyr

1 Like

Hunter’s are just damage and it’s not even that great

Lol what? As SV I’m either 1st or 2nd on the meters, sounds like your friend has a rotation problem.

Currently what’s the reason bringing a Hunter over another dps?

• Lust
  • Tar Trap
  • Binding shot
  • Quick interrupt (SV, longer if you’re an inferior spec)
  • Single target stun (also it’s ranged)
  • Displacement (High explosive trap)
  • High DPS
  • Misdirect
  • Pet tank (if tank dies)
  • Feign Death
  • Battle res (not core but with the right gear you can have it)
  • Turtle
  • Soothe/ magic dispell

What more do you need?

4 Likes

In wfr last boss hunter is the only class missing from the kill. Their reason? Hunter were taking too much damage

8 Likes

We’re lust bots, nothing else, playing MM? well too bad, enjoy losing dps having to set up pre-lusts on trash.
Oh we’re also there to make healers have to heal even more than what they have to.

Our soothe? raging is now semi-worthless, i don’t even bother soothing anymore in raging weeks (thank god for this though)

5 Likes

You can tranq shot the mobs in Brackenhide that cast Whirlwind, to stop them from spinning :] Many still dont know, its a huge help for melees. And BM Got a massive buff for some reason so there is that!

3 Likes

I obviously know this.
There are a few mobs that can be soothed, but guess what.
druids and rogues can also do it.

1 Like

I always just assume that unless people specifically mention it, they are not talking about survival. A fairly safe assumption as survival is usually the least played spec in the game. As it was once again for Dragonflight S1.

4 Likes

A lot more, because none of that is unique to Hunter.

this has nothing to do with hunter…

3 Likes

Im not a hunter but i typically invite them because lust