Hunters in my guild want to get ashkandi

I already have linked them to you, in this very thread. Must have a bad case of orc brain.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/incendius/seanimus#boss=614

This guy had the #1 parse for the first 2 weeks on Ebonroc.

Your so full of crap, also that link you posted is for all fights, including trash. Should only be looking at the boss fights to get a more real idea of dps potential.

Go click the drop down menu for every single boss - they all all dw. The top weapons are r14, cht/bb, dw bsh.

Ignoring that top parser I linked?

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6RN94FPpbLvG7X1Z#fight=2&type=damage-done
Skinnay #9 parse on razorgore, melee weaver.

Also #9 on Flamegor
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t9VF4bmTANwh6XzR#fight=32&type=damage-done&source=116

Not at all. Just browsing over the rest of their kills and it would appear that they also swapped to dw weaps. Ribspliter and bsh - they would be better off having a bb/cht or dw bsh but probally dont have them.

I have no argument that melee weaving exists - thank you for informing me - and on that fight you linked it did pull ahead in the dps (out of a 2k total clears) but no where near enough to warrant giving a hunter ashkandi imo. Maybe when the +25 agil to 2h enchant comes out sure - a case can be made but until then dw weaps are far more consistent.

Also with zg just around the corner now - dont dw weaps get replaced in there for a totall of 56 ap and 2% crit? Add and extra 30 agil from enchants and you are clearly infront.

It is situational, but watch skinnays twitch, he even weaves flamegor. It can be done on almost any boss. It’s also consistantly more dps, the top parses are mainly trolls getting lucky crits on a 20-30second encounter. Hardly repeatable, consistantly atleast.

Imagine if skinnay was horde, orc with a better axe and WF.

You just said, “the top parses are mainly trolls getting lucky crits on a 20-30second encounter.” What do you think every top parse is hoping for lol, not crits? Do the people trying to melee weave hope to not crit. Are you seriously trying to dismiss the non weaving top parses because they crit?

You keep saying melee weaving adds dps, but bwl has had 3x full clears and there is no evidence to show that it adds dps. People use it, yes. People do damage with it, yes. But no where do we see the 10% increase from it people claim. The logs simply don’t reflect it. It’s a side grade (at best if played perfectly).

1 Like

Melee weave adds dps when done right. A lot of fights have melee punishment mechanics though, on those fights, it’s usually better to just stay at range.

But saying melee weave isn’t a dps increase is a bad joke. It’s proven to be better mathematically. But in practice there are times it’s better, times it’s worse, based on mechanics.

Edit: as an example there are fights where the boss uses a fear. Hunters can chose to be outside of range if the fear and not melee weave, or be in range of fear and melee weave, and in turn can get feared into fire and die.

It’s situation based.

Is it give them prio on a warrior pvp + raid bis 2h based though?

There are thousands of hunter parses. Only like 50 people in the game are even trying weaving. Maybe 20 are doing it right. The thousands of hunters not melee weaving have a higher chance of a few people getting lucky and critting way more to get top parses. However, the 20 or so hunters who are melee weaving well are consistently in the top 100 damage parses without any insane luck.

For example the number 1 parse on Ebonroc did not weave (bunnymeat). But had a 50% crit on aim/auto shot and a 80% crit on multishot. The number 2 parse did weave (seanimus), and had a 30% crit on aim/auto shot and a 60% crit on multishot. Thats a 20% difference in crit. Also the number 1 parse was a Rank 14 hunter with GM weapons and band of accuria. The number 2 was in T1 with a fricken unenchanted barbarous blade.

Melee weaving will become easier and more accessable when more people get the chromaggus crossbow (adds 0.5 seconds to your weaving window), and you will see more hunters try it.

The logs linked for Skinnay did not show any insane luck, and he has consistently been in the top hunter ranks every single phase.

Depends, is your hunter melee weaving and doing it right?

Is your warrior actually doing well or does he constantly underperform / die?

If your hunter is weaving and is in the 90% of “possible damage” while the warrior is constantly late or absent for raids, ignoring mechanics, and under 75% his possible damage as a constant. I would give it to the hunter.

Loot is distributed based on a lot of conditions, so I can’t say for sure one way or the other.

The class isnt garbage we have more than just FS and trap as a way to reestablish range. It’s called scatter shot. Spec into improved wing clip for the rooting.

Also hunters if you scatter and then fd to trap there is no bug because scatter takes you out of combat.

Incorrect.

Scatter doesn’t drop combat, what it does it make your pet stop attacking the target and this let’s FD work properly (most of the time).

To get FD trap more reliable call your pet off it’s target, make sure you have no DoT effects out that will pull you back into combat (on yourself or an enemy, you can also time the ticks to avoid it and FD trap) and then FD trap works.

It’s less reliable in raid boss fights due to raid bosses having combat “ticks” that force you back in combat with them at times. Not every boss does this, but it’s common on bosses that have aoe effects even when their aoe effect isn’t active

you arent elitist and this isnt true, it makes me want to puke that people still havent figured this game out after 14 years.

if you arent using raptor strike in pvp, youre doing it wrong. if youre using raptor strike with one handers, youre doing it wrong. this is not a game changing weapon for warriors. hunters arent using it ‘mostly for the stam’. get the stars out of your eyes, its an equal opportunity pvp item.

this is pretty sad if true considering how much more difficult PvE dps can be in expansions like early Cata, with stuff like Theralions Mirror and snapshotting.

Post that didn’t age well.

I passed ashkandi to a hunter. While it does look sexy, I would much rather save my ep for BRE. We use epgp and it was before aq40 so it was expensive back then. My generosity paid off because BRE dropped a couple weeks later and its such a competitive item there would have been no way I could get it otherwise.

I would say its fair to give equal priority to both hunters and warriors since its mostly a pvp weapon anyway.

LOL, war’s are dime a dozen. They need to worry about keeping the guild happy and be happy to have a raid spot among the 1000’s of them.

Good, dedicated warriors are actually not super common. Average warriors who don’t put in all the effort to maximize their usefulness are very common.

Warriors that go out of their way to minmax are not only fairly uncommon, but also often some of the most valuable players you can have.

What is a 2 handed dps warrior?