Hunters have horrendous rotations

I have tried every spec now and the core rotations are not engaging for me due to their extreme repetition and simplicity.

For beastmaster, I could literally mash my face on the keyboard and play close enough to optimally, while optimal play is carpal tunnel inducing and nearly as mindless.

For survival, it feels almost identical. I mash my focus after sufficient buildup of a single button with cooldowns thrown in.

MM feels the best to me, because at least I have some tradeoffs to make with respect to how I use my cooldowns to augment my damaging abilities and less mashing is required, but there is still something lacking. The gameplay outside of cooldowns is again mindless.

This is further exacerbated by the talent design, which promotes constant mashing by randomly resetting the buttons that are already being mashed. Other classes don’t feel as bad to me; destro has at least something to spice up their rotation, or has to choose between which spell to cast more quickly with a much greater frequency.

Hunter utility still feels great and second to few, if any, but the constant mashing is making it completely unpalatable for me in PvE. I cannot see myself without copious dabbing doing any kind of raiding, or preferably playing something else entirely.

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

So you dislike that it’s not hard enough for the sake of being hard? Do you drive a car to work every day or do you prefer to ride a bicycle?

4 Likes

Some of us prefer to drive a manual car to work, just saying :smiley:

1 Like

If it’s a bicycle, he could switch to a unicycle just for a bit more challenge right?

2 Likes

Exactly, hell why even ride anything at all? Just start walking to work every day, should up the challenge level even more!

I thought you were being serious, then I read this! Thank you, I needed a good laugh today.

2 Likes

Me, I would ride my chopped Harley Davidson to work, 35+ miles, and 3 different freeways, 65-70mph through rush-hour traffic. Occasionally I drove my truck. Much safer, more simple, no where near the fun I would have, cutting lanes on my shovelhead.

1 Like

If you can post a video of you pulling an orange parse off, since bm is so mindless and easy, by smashing your face into a keyboard. I’ll venmo you a grand. Let’s see it.

4 Likes

Well since everyone is feeling nostalgic. We can go old school and your autos are the main focus.

WoW has an aging player base that still likes the game. What they understand is, not everyone wants to play 2 handed high speed guitar hero with a dragon and orc re-skin. There are plenty of classes and specs that have that. Pick one. Enjoy.

If you don’t believe me, ask yourself why it is that generally Hunter is the most popular class in the game, and BM is the most popular spec of Hunter. There is a reason for that.

3 Likes

Walk, up hill, both ways, in the snow, where the floor is lava while being chased by rapid dogs, who are being chased by rapid bears, who are being chase by this one Tabby cat that you DO NOT MESS WITH!!

1 Like

The BM Hunter is great - easy rotation. Pet is pretty sturdy (at 65) I have been able to kill several ‘3 man’ rares with no help and the DPS so far has been pretty good - I might becove4 geared at iLevel 265, but probably not - I have the 278 weapon from the pre-launch event.

I started with my Blood DK - took it to 1/2 way part of 1st area then tried Hunter… both dinged 61 about same content. Hunter was smoother and just ‘felt’ better.

Hunter is now 66 and already making blues to wear @70

Hearing things slow down a bit at 68 from a dps & survival perspective. Will find our soon !

Once Hunter is 70, will likely level Feral/Guardian or the DK