Hunters HATE 9.0 Hunter's Mark

It’s another tool in your toolbox. You’re a serious competitive PvP hunter and don’t want HM?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call me serious lol. But no adding an extra gcd is not going to help it’s going to hurt. And ur gonna need that gcd to do top damage…

Hunters mark isn’t needed in pvp in today’s arena. Bleeds from barbed, tar, and flare do that already. As it is that gcd is more punishing than help

OK, it burns when I PvP so I lack an informed opinion on the matter myself, but plenty of other hunters have said they do want it to PvP. If the damage debuff was removed as everybody wants, it would be just what I said, another tool in your toolbox.

1 Like

Meh. I got used to using Hunter’s Mark.

Do I like it? No. But there’s bigger issues with the core design of the hunter specs to worry about over Hunter’s Mark. This is just noise, distracting everyone.

2 Likes

Like I said the current iteration of hunters mark is not wanted by papers.

If they change it to not have damage attached and buff our overall Damage by five percent then that is a different version.

Currently it is terrible though and adds more problems and a slower opener for hunters and slower swaps to random targets in arena. Slower is bad when other classes get their damage instant.

Bm of the past didn’t need 3 barbed shot globals, aspect of the wild, murder of crows, and beastial wrath globals to start their big red burst. Which slowed us down in bfa when the changes were brought to that.

With shadowlands pvp bm was fixed and broken at the same time for that. Aspect of wild taken off global was a plus. Scare beast and tranq shot were huge plusses.

Bad things that are gonna hold us back 4 second pet Rez timer(terrifying in high pvp)
And hunters mark reintroducing the gcd we just finally got rid of in aspect of the wild.

Blizz buffs us with one hand and nerf slaps us back down with the other

4 Likes

Keep fighting the good fight Slant. There have been heaps of good suggestions from beta testers:
1- get rid of it completely
2- remove the damage component
3- make the damage component raid wide (a poor man’s single target chaos brand / Mystic Touch)
4- remove the GCD
5- make it a PvP talent

I want it gone, it’s terrible. Please listen Blizz.

11 Likes

Gross, no. That’d make it even worse. You must PvE solely if you think this would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Just remove the damage buff. Easy fix. Literally 1 value to change. Just ask anyone to do it lol.

3 Likes

Piss it off and give our 5% standard damage back

2 Likes

These two and remove the 20 second cooldown.

2 Likes

My big issue is that it doesn’t add something we even need. There’s other issues with hunter besides adding hunters marks. Like people were so mad about pruning that they never thought did it really matter? Like cmon scare beast and eye of the beast? Arcane and kill shot for a survival hunter? They used unpruning as a highlight which i have yet to really even notice.

That right there makes it freakin awesome against rogues, druids, and other hunters. I’m glad it’s becoming baseline for all specs. But I mostly do pvp and warmode, so I don’t know about how it would feel for pve.

Yep, it’s pretty consistently liked for PvP. It’s terrible in PvE.

Per the poll in the OP, the most common suggestion is to remove the 5% damage debuff not to remove HM altogether, so PvPers still benefit.

2 Likes

i still dont understand why blizz loves this awful thing so much.

2 Likes

We don’t even know if they’re aware players hate it. They haven’t responded to any of our feedback in the beta forums.

1 Like

Some* hunters hate hunters mark. I’ve leveled 2 hunters through ptr and I rather enjoyed it on both MM and BM. I love the selective tracking. Being off of GCD would be nice, but not a must. It’s some delightful flavor. Why can anyone complain about a flat 5% damage increase?

Because it’s not an actual increase.

Our other abilities deal less damage by default, in order to compensate for having that Mark.

8 Likes

If that’s really the case, then why not just ditch the damage increase via the mark and raise all abilities? I’m down with that, but please don’t get rid of skill again. I really like the tracking aspect of it, and having a mark on a target feels right. Then again I’ve not played hunter post pruning much, but it was my main through vanilla and TBC.

2 Likes

That’s what a lot of people have said to do.

Get rid of the damage component and possibly even replace it with some utility so it’s not required to be on every mob all the time.

1 Like

I agree with group utility. I’d have it duplicate Monk’s 5% physical damage taken debuff.

That said, there is nothing changed about pet Primal Rage - it is still full strength, same as Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp.

You may be thinking of Leatherworking Drums, which are nerfed to 15%.

There are a number of possibilities to fix it and keep the flavor:

1. Duplicate Mystic Touch.
  2. Increase range against the marked target by 5yd, rather than increasing damage.
  3. Increase Hunter damage done by 5% against all targets for 15sec after attacking the marked target.
  4. Remove the damage component.

In terms of fixes that make it suck less but also have less flavor:

1. Remove the GCD so we can macro it to everything.
  2. Auto apply with Aimed Shot, Kill Command, and Raptor Strike.

Or:

1. Remove it entirely.
2 Likes