Hunters can you please stop rolling on rare swords

I guess if you’re in a super hardcore raiding guild you might be one of the very niche population this affects in the slightest.

That said, if you’re in a super hardcore raiding guild you would also never run out of mana before a boss is dead in any given encounter. Check some of these parses. The only boss that even lives more than a minute in MC is Rag, and he’s only up for an average of 2 minutes.
Most are dead in under 20 seconds.

1 Like

So… you don’t actually have a mechanically sound reason why Dual Dal’rends is better than Barb. Got it.

And no, no one ever has a fit if a Hunter wins Barb. Barb drops all the time, and on top of that Hunters can straight up solo Tribute for it if they were so inclined.

It’s not exactly a 3% drop rate like Dal MH.

People look at wowhead… Wowhead says it’s best in slot. Take it up with wowhead and quit crying. I personally would only use a 2h… Sooo much cry babys in here. Wow head also says the exact thing u are crying about. It states it is hard to get since both warrior and rogue will cry/rage over it if you attempt to need.

1 Like

If hunters don’t need their BIS because it’s too easy, neither do rogues or warriors.

I don’t play a hunter in classic but I did in TBC, and double mana oil was definitely a reason to dual wield then.

That’s not really the same argument though. You’re arguing that a benefit of having dual dal’rends is that in very niche situations, they can pay for an extra oil to throw on their weapons that improves performance in very select PvE scenarios, while at the same time, they have a better and easier acquired alternative (which can be gotten solo by hunters and hunters only).

Meanwhile, Rogues and Warriors already have to fight each other over a 3% drop rate item, which improve their damage across the board in every scenario, including PvP.

On top of all that, at this juncture, Hunters don’t even have access to +Agi enchants yet, while Warriors/Rogues can immediately dual Crusader.

It’s really not a difficult concept to grasp.

3 Likes

The select scenario being any time you are spending mana?

People aren’t running a dungeon so they can pass you PvP upgrades.

No. The select scenario being, any time you run out of mana before the boss is dead. Which is in Phase 1 content, never.

Because you only fight bosses?

I don’t think you really have any idea, or care, how quickly hunters run out of mana. All you care about is making up reasons to monopolise all the loot.

Yes? Are you blowing 3 Purple Lotus and 2 Large Brilliant Shards on trash? Is this something you suggest is normal for the majority of the hunter population?

I literally am giving a stat breakdown supporting why Barb is numerically superior, and suggesting that as an alternative. That’s the opposite of monopolizing.

At first I thought you raised a good, if niche point—but now I’m thinking you’re just being stubborn.

2 Likes

It lasts 30 minutes, which is like half the raid. And it has 5 charges.

You’re the one who’s being stubborn. You asked what you were missing. I told you , now you’re rationalising reasons why it doesn’t matter, as if an extra 10 ap matters to anyone.

Nobody needs BIS to clear molten core, we all know that. But you asked us to extrapolate, and I did. You learned something, but you’re still mad.

They’re just being greedy/selfish/dumb because those swords aren’t even best equip for hunters. Since there’s no 15agi enchant, the peacemaker was the best equip. I say was because dire maul just bounced it to # 2. The barb sword from DMN is now the best equip. Dire maul bounced many items off the top slot. Hunter melee is also much better with a 2h, I should add.

1 Like

What you told me was a piece of information that applies to almost no-one in reality.

If someone gives a nonsensical explanation, it doesn’t qualify as an explanation.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/1000#class=Hunter

Care to point out in any of these parses where you see any of these hunters running mana oils?

Do you have even a single log of yourself running oils?

I literally just told you I don’t play a hunter in classic.

That’s fair. What about those guys who do? No one seems to be using oils?

Like this doesn’t already happen ALL the time. lol

1 Like

Dal rend’s is best in slot pre raid for hunters.

Stop complaining.

Lots of people aren’t using consumables. But people still want their BIS because they want their BIS.

Like I said, this isn’t really about what people need, it never really was. You could still clear molten core with rogues using quest rewards from Maraudon.

It’s about what people want, and hunters are just as entitled as anyone else to want their “pre-raid BIS”.

I used to play a hunter and the incessant whining from rogues about rolling on “rogue gear” still irks me to this day, even though it was nearly 12 years ago.

any hunters needing on dalrends are bad anyways. peacemaker is more damage, and only requires 1 item

They absolutely are. That was never my argument. My argument is that Dal’Rends stopped being a contender for Pre-Raid BiS the moment Barbarous Blade became available.

That’s why I understood why Alliance Hunters needed HoJ in their trinket slot pre-DM. They literally had no better options. That’s not true anymore with your class book.

Likewise, it’s not true anymore for Dal’Rends, while it remains the only strong contender for Warriors and Rogues outside of BoE epics.

2 Likes