(Hunter) Weapon rewards change after accepting

Issue: When completing any particular quest, I choose one of 2 weapons as a reward. Regardless of what type of weapon it is (staff, bow, polearm), upon clicking “Accept” it will give me a different type of weapon. Just now I was given a choice between two staves, which were practically identical. I chose one, and it ended up giving me a bow.

I get that quests won’t always reward weapons toward your spec, but this is ridiculous! The weapon shouldn’t change from clicking ‘complete’ to it arriving in my bag.

I thought I was nuts the first few times it happened, leveling up from 20. This isn’t BFA specific. This is one of many things Blizzard needs to focus on fixing before trying to dip their fingers into another pie. PLEASE.

Providing a few of the quest names in example would help greatly in actually pinpointing where this problem is occurring.

I’ve been leveling Hunters consistently over the years, especially after the Legion weapon update, and have not noticed this happening. It could very well be an isolated issue, zone-wise.