Hunter Rapidfire ability cancelling itself midcast

there is a serious problem with the hunter ability rapidfire, for many years it worked fine, but i was in a mythic today after the prepatch release, and my rapidfire kept cancelling itself midcast. sometimes it would cancel instantly the moment i press the button. why is it doing that?

dont get me wrong, i always wait for the channel to finish, but this issue relates to the activation of the spell. when i’m mashing other buttons then i switch to rapidfire, it is suddenly canceling itself the moment i press it. it never did this before.

EDIT: it could be either of the 2 things below, i cant seem replicate it every time. but affects gameplay greatly.

rapidfire is castable while moving but if you’re a sophisticated player who switches between WASD and holding down 2 mouse buttons to move while casting, it causes the cast to cancel! apparently holding down a keyboard movement key and mouse movement buttons at the same time when switching causes the rapidfire cast to cancel

or

it could be that while button mashing it is canceling as a result of mashing my keys. but it didnt do that before. it also seems the cancellation is sometimes delayed or instant so im not even sure if it is the button mashing

1 Like

Or it could be a third thing: a known bug.

ahh that explains why it only happened at seemingly random. i thought it was something i was doing.

I’ve seen a few clipped Rapid Fires in my limited play since the version dropped, and I’m just assuming it’s the described bug.

TBH, I’m impressed it’s on an official “known issues” list. Usually, this kind of stuff goes completely unacknowledged.