Hunter Pets in the Maw

noticed this a few times but wasn’t sure on the specifics til now. When you use a mountable hound or elemental your pets disappear until you dismount or the ride ends. if you’re being chased by mobs and you use feign death/play dead then it bugs out and you can’t use the “wake up” option to get your pets up. not sure if this is because of the animal companion talent or if it’s just bugged because of how quick I was feigning death/playing dead after dismounting but yeah something is not right there

1 Like

I’m encountering the same error. Additionally, feigning death immediately after dismounting doesn’t work. The ability is on cooldown, but the animation never plays and aggro isn’t dropped.

I am bumping this because it is STILL BUGGED!!! I just dismounted from a Shadehound and I waited a few seconds before feigning death. not only did my character not feign (the animation had it and my pets standing up) but the cooldown started even though I and my pets were still feigned. then a pack of mobs came at me and attacked me despite being feigned. I was unable to wake my pets up because the play dead was on cooldown and nothing was working

do you have the animal companion talent selected? unrelated note was doing a quest where I was stealthed, my pet was stealthed but the additional pet wasn’t - so maybe the extra pet is also causing issues? next time I will change talent before going in maw to test