Hunter pets don't come with growl?

It’s usually pretty fast. Just tame the pet. Feed a couple times. Make sure the ability is on auto and send pet at a mob. Then go back to where you were questing 3 zones away. Lol.

This everyone lol

I love you!

I’ve been running around with no growl or any other pet abilities I learned at the trainer because I forgot about this LOL thx

On this day you are a hero. Holy crap I never would have found that.

Tame your pet it is something trained from your beast skills, once you get it up enough it will show up.

1 Like

Thank you. I was going nuts taming everything and not getting growl

1 Like

Nellezhar, Thank you eversomuch, this worked :slight_smile:

Any time, us hunters got to stick together!

1 Like

thank you so much, i can explain the frustration when people say de activate your growl and i go … growl? what is growl? and 5 guys just stand there and laugh, literally make there character laugh, they all sit there and get mad at me like i should know, but its is simple as this : and you explained it nice and simple, and im not an idiot ofcoarse ill understand and now i know, and now i can teach someone else that and not laugh at them, some wow players are great, so far though some are reallly really toxic :frowning: its hard <3 i love the game and im super genuine

1 Like

Any time man, hunters got to stick together! If you’re on fairbanks add me, i can answer any questions anytime. I also browse the hunter forums too!

Oh man…thank goodness there are people like you here.

ty ty ty

I love you so much for this… and wow…! Am i retarded lol! Guess i never did level my hunter in classic >< Was much later!

You have to manually train growl, from sling shot beast training icon in your general tab, one with a foot, growl doesn’t usually require training points so should work. All beast training is accomplished via this icon in future. You can learn new talents from pet trainers or wild animals, afterward you can train a pet with these new skills if they are in animal family that allows it and the pet has enough training points for the rank of skill you want them to have. Upgrade a skill and you will be refunded the amount spent on lower skill. Only 4 skills at any one time for each pet. Hope that helps!

Classic is not like the recent entity, classic requires most pets to be trained in growl via beast training icon, on general tab, so you will not have growl unless you trained your pet in it. So it will be rare for a classic wow hunter not to know what growl is because they had to physically go through a tab and icon to train it with their current pet in order to give their pet a chance to hold aggro. If your pet is not trained in growl, that you got during the beast training quest, the pet will fail to hold aggro the majority of the time. Growl will allow the hunter to pull more often with less downtime because the hunter will not have to tank every add due to threat issues, there will still be some issues based on your critical strikes and pets misses, this can’t be helped but growl can help dramatically depending its rank. Additionally, growl usually doesn’t require many points or any for first rank, have to see how current edition was implemented.

Did you need to necro this?

would never have fond that:woman_facepalming:

You have to complete the tame quest fully, after which you obtain the ability to train pets (general tab, looks like a slingshot). After that you automatically get growl 1 and 2.

1 Like

I actually learned a lot in this thread :grin:

THANK you so much for the explanation!!! I’ve been running around untrained because I didn’t know about the frakking slingshot haha. ZOMG I can’t wait to go play now and see the difference. :smiley: :smiley: