Hunter or rogue?

Which do you find more fun to play… more engaging? I realize hunter is range but survival seems like it could be fun.

I mainly do casual stuff like normal/heroic raids and BGs:)

Try both out.
If you enjoy stealth and combo points, Rogue. Hunter with the option for melee is now more varied, and that could play into your decision.

Rogue overall would be a better main if you can master them.

Hunter.
I don’t know about the other specs, but outlaw is the most inconsistent and irritating spec i have played in the game.

-Energy starvation
-Downtime
-Disgusting RNG
-Inconsistency

You can do damage with it, but it’s not fun to play.

Thanks all. I think I under-appreciated how annoying RTB would be. Granted, I’m not a terribly high level on my rogue alt now but… not a fan. I think the concept is neat but uninspiring to use.

I’m also enjoying the Hunter AoE capabilities more. AoE on outlaw seems okay (but the RTB part is death) but sin’s rotation seems so unappealing in regards to AoE. I love classes that have more of a “ahhhh, AoE” feel to them.

1 Like

Survival is amazing. High dps, dots, lots of defensive skills, self heals, range, melee, stealth, 2h weapons, a charge, a sprint. It’s like every class’s best qualities in 1.

There’s a definite negative to it though: it’s a lot of work for the same results as some other classes.

My 2 main BfA characters are SV hunter and Havoc DH. DH, I can play with my eyes closed and keep myself at full health. Hunter requires much more careful timing, occasional kiting in PvP, pet management–just more work. It is a ton of fun conceptually, but I find it difficult to keep as my main…considering it’s more work for the same results.

That said, they can seem super powered when played well. So many ways to survive in PvP–1 on 1 and in epic battles. Popping CD’s, you can kill a ranged player from 30 yards away faster than they’ll get you…ya a bit messed up maybe lol. Just launch your eagles at them. Your AoE damage will be great…your single target as well. This is the class I feel most in tune with from an RP perspective as well.

Worth taking the time to play for sure–SV is just awesome no matter how you look at it. If you’re coming from most other classes/specs though, I think you’ll see what I mean regarding the need to pay more attention. Definitely check it out if you haven’t yet–worth it!

1 Like