Hunter - Marksmanship - Rapid Fire cancels immediately upon cast with Kill Zone talent and S4 2pc set bonus

The S4 2 piece tier set bonus causes trick shots to re-cast volley when you cast rapid fire. If you are have the new “Kill Zone” talent selected, casting rapid fire with trick shots up will start the rapid fire, then immediately cancel it.

• Removing the two piece bonus makes the rapid fire channel correctly.
  • Removing the “Kill Zone” talent makes raid fire channel correctly.
  • Casting volley, then stepping out of line of sight, then casting rapid fire makes rapid fire channel correctly.
3 Likes

Thank you! I was wondering why this was happening. I just assumed it was due to the lag on my end from pre-patch and addon stuff going awry.

thank you!

I’m concerned about this being a problem in the future and am bumping for visibility. Its a huge hamper on rapid fire to be cut off early, and kill zone is a great talent alternative to lone wolf for those who want to keep their pets out.

You helped A LOT

1 Like

I’m experiencing this and don’t have the 2pc OR Kill Zone.

I’m also experiencing it with Barrage. But only sometimes. I’m trying to replicate it deliberately to see what’s triggering it but haven’t nailed it down yet.

1 Like

A way to replicate it 100% is to use barrage to dismount a skyriding mount. Be mounted and set to skyriding, use barrage to dismount. You will dismount with barrage on cd with nothing fired.

Does not occur on a steady flight mount, will dismount you and fire.

This is not the only time this occurs, but is a very reliable repo.

1 Like

Ah! I have noticed this bit!

But still getting the Rapid Fire bug. It does seem that it’s whenever I first use it. I thought maybe it was also the dismount issue, but sometimes I dismount first and it still cancels after one shot.

I also tried opening with another shot and then using it and it still happens sometimes. Same with Barrage. I use it to pull a ton of mobs in the prepatch event and sometimes I hit it and it cancels immediately. With Barrage it’s confusing because it doesn’t require a target, can be cast while moving, etc, so I can’t figure out why anything would cancel it.

Also not using a stopcasting macro or anything that could be messing with it.

I feel like it’s something obvious I’m missing. lol

It’s a known issue, an interaction between Rapid Fire, Kill Zone, and the 2-piece tier bonus.

No word on when it’ll be fixed.

:confused:

1 Like

I also DO NOT have the 2pc or kill zone.

1 Like