Hunter Macro Help

Good evening,

I am hoping to create a one-button macro that will cast kill command if it’s off cooldown, and otherwise, cast cobra shot. I am very new to creating macros, and I would be so grateful for your help!

Pseudocode

If Kill Command is not on cooldown {/cast Kill Command}
Elseif (kill command is on cooldown and has more than 1 second left) {/cast Cobra Shot}
else{no cast}
&&&to speed up the regular pet spells&&&
/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)
If this is possible, I would be so grateful for your help!

You can’t make a macro dependent on cooldowns. You can however do a modifier based macro. This should work as a basic one. I’m sure others might chime in for their ideas as well.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Kill Command; Cobra Shot

3 Likes

Pins are your friend:

Don’t do it.

Just bind both abilities separately. You use them in entirely different contexts, and sometimes (depending on talent build) alternate between them as fast as possible.

1 Like

The pet attack abilities can be put in the same macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Kill Command;Cobra Shot
/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)

The pet attacks are off the “GCD” so they don’t require any “if then else” type stuff whereas Kill command and Cobra Shot are on the GCD and its an either-OR

Modifier (mod) keys are alt, ctrl and shift. Shift-1 to Shift 6 arekeybound to Action Bar switching by default and ctrl-1 to ctrl-0 are keybound to the Pet action bar. Those keybindings take priority over macros and they “eat” the shift and ctrl and your macro won’t get “mod:shift” part.

As a side note: I agree with adreaver, you want to keep those 2 actions on separate action buttons because they need to be easily castable without fumbling with extra buttons. Cobra Shot because its the BM filler and you’ll cast it a lot. K.C. because its so dang important to BM dps and you will cast it quite often.

Everyone has their own comfort layout and you’ll find that macros allow for doing more faster.

2 Likes

the first ones bunk @simshunt, the second one may lead to a “kill command pet attack macro but” randomly in mythic+ dungeons - trust me, i tried using methods macros with kill command and kill shot and found out the hard way… @tinkterrific.

Your sole contribution to this forum is to necro a 12 month old post and dump on it and act as if you are superior to everyone in it. smh

As a side note, that macro has never caused an issue for me. YMMV so whatever.

1 Like