Hunter Feign combat delay

Feign death -> trap is not working as it should. There is a long delay between feigning and dropping combat. This is for both pve and pvp. Previously in classic there was no delay in combat drop.

8 Likes

agreed. this needs to be fixed… there is no counter-play in pvp as a hunter at the moment (without engineering).

fix plz

2 Likes

This is caused by the pet delay I talked about in this post

2 Likes

Looks related for sure, hopefully solving your issue will solve the trap issue as well.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the pet that’s messing everything up. If I don’t send my pet in to attack but I get in combat, I can successfully use the feign death/trap macro. However, when the pet is involved things get wonky.

There’s large delay with feign death, with pet commands, and with vendoring items: 1-2 second delay to buy arrows, or sell any item.

Actions such as shots, aspect switches, even applying stuns or snares to NPC’s are instant though. There’s definitely a problem here.

There isn’t a large delay with feign death. It’s the pet that is causing feign death to fail because the game takes 1-2 second to recognize that your pet was put on passive or follow mode, so technically you’re trying to cast feign death while your pet is still attacking.

the issue is the same with pet dismissed

1 Like

Can confirm. Tested this extensively yesterday with pet out and dismissed and ran in to the same problems. Feign death simply does not work in PvP and sometimes in PvE. In PvP it does not drop combat, and enemy units pet’s still attack you through the feign.

2 Likes

This would be the nail in the coffin for hunter for me…think it will be fixed or will blizz claim its as intended? Reroll while im only lvl 25 maybe

This isn’t the pet at all. I dismissed the pet and there is a half second delay from feigning death to dropping combat.

1 Like

Sounds like a spell batching issue.

The pet delay still compounds the problem.

Снежная буря, пожалуйста, исправь симуляцию смерти / ловушки.