Hunter a true PvP Meme class

Blizzard please help this class out. I find it so sad to play my hunter as it compares to almost every other class in the game who have a viable spec within their class to play in PvP (outside maybe DHs). We have the lowest representation on the 3v3 ladder along with DHs and we get 0 attention or buffs to the class. Can we even get a hint of acknowledgement that you even read our posts?

When you look at the class outside Kyrian which is really the only viable PvP covenant what do we have in the way of true damaging buff abilities like avatar, combust or incarn for other classes to name a few (talking about MM atm as it is the most viable spec on the ladder, I recognize SV has some high level representation as well but most are playing MM)? The answer to that question is nothing, we get true shot which increases our haste…A haste buff with no damage multiplier does very little for us when we are the kill target. The pressure we can apply by spamming out aimshot with trueshot up does not out weigh the pressure the 2 people on us can do. Of course you look for opportunities to use this ability when you do not have enemies on you but this is near impossible when you have a ret and warrior etc on you with plenty of gap closers and blessings of freedoms and BoPs/Pally shields which no longer stop people from using their damaging abilities.

The class has also been gutted over the years. Give us back silencing shot, explosive trap baseline, spammable tranq shot, remove DR on trap and scatter, remove GCD on resonating arrow, give us back 2 charges on deterrence aka aspect of the turtle, make aim shot castable while moving or shorten the cast time, make scatter shot baseline for all specs as well as binding arrow and give us some kind of damage multiplier to true shot for MM. Also, make pet res a much lower cast time or continue to increase pet durability as they die in one combust/avatar or pally wings. Even some of these buffs would help, instead 2 weeks ago they buff a dead talent in careful aim that no-one uses because we need explosive shot in our burst rotation.

We do less damage than hydrid classes like boomies, rets, & ele shamans to name a few and have less utility it just makes 0 sense…

Blizzard can we get any acknowledgement that you care to even remotely balance hunters so their representation on the ladder and in tournaments is at least viable?

18 Likes

100% Agree I think it would be interesting to have some sort of top-off damage buff with trueshot the way mages use combust, including the GCD on kyrian, as well as struggling to maintain consistent damage (outside burst windows) including the massive fall of afterwards including our burst being very predictable and easy to counter in many cases. Agree all the way brother :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

100% agree here too

4 Likes

welll said

2 Likes

100% agree

2 Likes

I hate how inept the class dev team is, the one that’s responsible for hunters. Worst bloody “kick” ability in the game, 24s cd for 3s interrupt - laughable. No stun in MM, two cc’s on the same DR, trap that can be body blocked/triggered by pets/refelected to you (it’s a spell, lmao) - absolute joke. Most of utility is tied to a pet that drops dead with a blow of a wind.

I despise whoever replaced the good old deterrence with the new turtle - it’s awful, 3m cd for a 8s of semi-immunity AND you light up like a christmas tree, signalling to every enemy withing 30 yards - “Hey everyone, hunter is about to lose his one and only defensive! GET HIM!” - give us back the deterrence.

In a world where boomies sling 20k starsurges one after another, or ret paladins slapping you with 15k verdicts - a one-trick-pony hunter that can open with a 20k damage (with doubletap) was clearly too much.

I really hate the current meta, the inept and idiotic decisions on class design, the crippled class balance when it comes to pvp, the utter insanity that is fighting hybrid classes with a pure dps class - it is so very tiresome.

14 Likes

It’s interesting to me how quickly they nerfed MM Hunters versus how long it took to deal with Rets’ Ringing Clarity. WoW pvp is pretty absurd though… since the beginning.

6 Likes

It’s literally the repeat of BfA start: expac drops > mm’s strong af > people b*tch and moan about it (in the first two weeks of no gear/armor/versa) > blizzard caves in and nerfs it > expac continiues > people get gear > MM is <2% pvp representation, again.

Bloody incompetence.

4 Likes

Welcome to Hybridlands where the only true dps class that is viable is Mage. The classes with the biggest damage have spamable heals and never run outa mana or even have to cast anymore.

2 Likes

They could let us spam exhilaration every 3 Arcane shots and it still would not be as busted as WoG.

The last time I enjoyed playing marksman was cata (I didn’t play mop) can we go back to that? I liked BM and survival until the end of wod…

Then the dark times… then Legion

2 Likes

Boomy is literally Hunter but better in every way. More survability, more mobility, more consistent damage via dots, never needs to cast, better defensives, better healing, significantly better burst (all magic vs phys/magic), better utility, more CC across multiple DR cateogries, better passive tankiness, better ability to kite. And to top it all off, Boomy was given MM’s signature archetype, the “Sniper”, for free, at level 10. Meanwhile, MM has to stack Mastery to get 45+ yard range! Wow!

I’ve been playing a bunch of BM and Survival in PvP over the last couple of weeks and the biggest conclusion I have come to is that the class desperately needs a 1 second GCD. Both of these specs are so incredibly GCD heavy and it’s punishing to have to wait until high levels of haste, only available in mid-to-late expansions, to even be playable. Imagine how awful Rogue would be with a 1.5 sec global! Awful!

5 Likes

Give us two charges of disengage god damn it

Mages can blink twice I should be able to jump around like an idiot

And aimed shot castable whilst moving

4 Likes

I agree my fellow hunter mains. While I understand that making all of the changes I stated is unlikely making some of them would be such a help. At this point it is so hard to get in groups for arenas and rbgs because let’s be honest why play with a hunter comp when it would be far easier to play anything without a hunter. Honestly, the only hunter specific advantage we bring to a fight is roar of sacrifice a pvp talent we should have baseline…Blizzard please think about that, our unique advantage we can bring to a fight comes from our pet and it isn’t even a baseline ability. Nothing else we bring to an arena or rbg can’t be done better by another class. Lol even then we suffer a 4 second interruptable cast time to resurrect our pet who still falls over way too easy, in 1 use of RoS the pet basically evaporates.

2 Likes

I feel for the first time in a long time the hunter community has been slowly coming together in agreement on alot of things. It’s good to see this again. I love my bm hunter but support the other specs as well. I agree some of these changes. To many would make it op but some would be needed for sure. Be Nice to not have less damage than a class that can off heal a raid at the same time

2 Likes

Man, I feel like you’re speaking about me here. I feel both personally attacked yet vindicated that I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Would you just explain this “never needs to cast” thing? I’ve played it a little in randoms (sub-60), but what do you do? Just spam dots?

They don’t need to cast, but they can. They can simply multi-dot for Astral Power and then dump it on 3 Starsurges (instant Magic nuke). Sunfire and Moonfire actually do decent damage, so it’s not a waste either. If you look at a breakdown of any Boomy’s damage in a BG, it’s more often than not Starsurge or Moonfire #1/2.

1 Like

Everytime I que into arenas against a boomy I ask myself why am I playing hunter when they have infinite healing, they can almost cast everything while moving including starsurge and, turn into a tank & heal some more with frenzied regen. Maybe one day ill get my 2.4 second aimed shot cast off thats negated by armor as this druid also comes with a ranged disarm after he has seen ive casted double tap or rapid fire. Kind of annoying. Honestly make survival ranged again so we can press spacebar while doing damn near everything.

Agreed, a ranged disarm as a talent option should not exist. Make it a 5 yard disarm for use against melee classes. If a boomie uses that talent it is extremely challenging to get off our combo as we have to save disengage to get out of LoS right after our global for resonating arrow goes out otherwise you’re disarmed and the combo is likely ruined. I can appreciate counter play options but a 30 yard disarm on a shorter cd than our resonating arrow is awful.