Humans having a garbage pvp racial is the best thing in classic

Man, its nice for once seeing truckload of gnome/dwarf/ few NE players, and to lesser extent human. i hated having to jump on the human bandwagon in wotlk, the racial was just THAT OP

Giving them a bad pvp racial actually makes alliance more diverse. very good. no more 10 human avatar bgs

2 Likes

Actually human is top pick on here for melee due to the weapon skill. Damn near every warrior + rogue is rolling human. The skill bonus is far too valuable in classic to pass up if you want to swing swords/maces, especially 2hs. Most paladins are also human simply because that class doesn’t need stoneform. For a warlock or mage, gnome is best, but humans are still common because not everyone wants to be a midget. I wouldn’t roll one either. You can keep your intellect boost.

After classic, racials actually become much more balanced. The weapon skills are nerfed. Stun resist is nerfed. Will of the forsaken is nerfed. Fear ward is given to every priest. The problem now will be that the new BC races are better than the old classic races. Blood elves will become the new top pick, and for obvious reasons.

14 Likes

Yeah they have mediocre PvP racials but anyone basically that wants to raid and melee alliance-side is human. Most warrior tanks are human because the +5 skill is that good for threat. If you’re a combat rogue that wants to go swords, gotta be human. Otherwise, you gotta put up the ~2k for edgemaster’s. This is all purely for raiding, of course. If you don’t do that, then it doesn’t matter.

Still, there’s definitely a pretty substantial human bandwagon in classic. Orcs are similar as well for the +5 axes hordeside.

I realize I say this as a night elf warrior. I just happen to like my aesthetics THAT MUCH.

1 Like

Humans have no right to complain about their racials.

The only reason I can think of possibly not rolling human as a rogue, tank, or fury warrior is if you wanted Windfury but then you’d also be giving up all the Paladin blessings. +weapon skill is way too powerful in PvE.

WoTf? Humans can just carry around their PvP trinket. Orc stun resist? Any human rogue or warrior that’s serious about PvP will already be carrying faps. Tauren +5% HP? Human warriors get Blessing of Kings that’s +10% HP.

Now if Horde want +weapon skill to swords which have the best itemization in the game for melee and tanks including the best tanking sword in the game Thunderfury? They have to buy 4000 gold edgemaster handguards or keep using a Maladath as a tank/rogue even after they’re in Naxx and have access to superior swords like Iblis.

2 Likes

Im sick of seeing so many midget mages

5 Likes

I mean if you wanna get technical, next to orcs, and then the nearly eight foot tall taurens and trolls, undead are more or less the midgets of the horde world. :smirk:

Because they’re pretty.

1 Like

:thinking:

<10char>

9 Likes

Hah, you’re right. That’s warriors only, but still if you wanna be sword rogue you generally go human!

1 Like

Too bad human is the superior aesthetic choice to night elf too.

Dwarfs are the hottest don’t @ me

2 Likes

Don’t mind me, I’m just being pedantic.

I would argue that female humans are the best looking alliance choice, period, so I would have made one even if they had no racials at all.

What is that reason?

Edgemasters is a mail item.

I don’t think rogues buy those :stuck_out_tongue:

Its options, go dwarf if u want their pvp racials go human for theri pve

Should also point out that damn near every weapon at 60 is a sword or mace. Humans practically have a monopoly on their weapon skill. Axes are far more limited. It’s really insulting when you max your AV rep then get handed the same mace which was clearly made for humans. Blizzard couldn’t be bothered to put a 2h axe on there for the horde.

Most people choose the race they like, not the race with the best racials. I have two level 60 gnomes and am in a guild that doesn’t allow tall ones.

2 Likes

Human and Undead are the kings of arena also, so that part keeps human and undead really strong in numbers in TBC because arena is very popular.

Private servers are dominated by horde only because the masses tend to min max and the servers start usually “fresh” making it so everyone goes horde because 1 to 2 % more DPS is 1 to 2% more DPS, and it really does come down to PVE driving that horde TBC push.

My hope is Blizzard classic gaming will wisely roll classic wow realms somehow into TBC using the sunken investment hook to keep the factions more balanced than fresh servers. That’s my hope.

this guy is insane disregard him lol. human is good if you dont like pvp for sure

He’s not insane he’s just under the misconception that weapon skill matters for pvp