Humans and the Light

Hi everybody i hope this post finds you all well, happy, and safe. :slight_smile:

I had couple rp questions when it came to rping my human paladin. (If you all dont mind taking the time out to answer.)

A:

gilnean paladin, i really love gilnean culture and just the feel of them. Could i be a gilnean paladin without breaking the lore in half, and not have people harassing me if i choose to do this.

B:

Lightforged humans <----- is this even possible, would it be accepted within the rp community or will this get someone looked down on and ostracized.

Thank you again for your imput and time

(If this post is something you find uninteresting or are tired of posts asking for help, feel free to skip and not leave a comment :slight_smile:

While there seemingly wasn’t any Silver Hand presence in Gilneas before its fall, the Gilnean people have been part of the modern Alliance for close to if not more than a decade now. It wouldn’t be much of stretch to think that someone from Gilneas would join the order at point, or otherwise fall under the tutelage of an individual Paladin.

To my knowledge there are no notable in universe examples of Lightforged Humans (maybe Turalyon?) but there technically isn’t any hard evidence prohibiting such a thing; and based on what I’ve seen since the concept was introduced, that’s more than enough for some people to run with. Barring my personal disposition, it doesn’t seem like it would be impossible, given the proper means to accomplish such a state.

1 Like

Gilnean Paladins are completely doable.

You can go bragging about how the Light protects you from the Curse.

As for the second… you don’t have the cosmetics that comes with Lightforged, you can go with it if you do the Paladin route though.

But few will care that you call yourself “lightforged” people will be more interested in your character’s actions than background.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time and perspective, much appreciated

1 Like

Thank you for takin the time to reply. Thank you for the tips and info.

From what I recall from the war, Gilneas cut itself off from Stromwind and the Alliance of Lordaeron, once the first war broke out. The holy light wasn’t a thing really until Anduin Lothar went into the Deadmines and found the Tome of Divinity there. What was in the tome was used to unlock the secrets of the holy light and thus paladins were born. Thus according to the lore their is no way that their could be a Gilnean paladin. Although… they are going to make it so all races can be all classes.

That’s ancient history. Gilneas did not cut itself off until the start of Reign of Chaos. They essentially exited the Alliance over the business of paying for the internment camps after the Second War. The wall was built to contain the worgen plague and the Scourge. Greymane became infamous for his adamant refusal to admit Lordaeronians fleeing the Scourge.

2 Likes

Not according to WoW lore.

ancient enoough so if someone wants to put a Gilnean tag on their Human Paladin they’re quite clear to do so.

2 Likes

Just like anyone can put an ogre tag on their human… and no matter how you slice it, I’ll just look at your character like you are a crazy person RP Wise. Reminds me of when people would roll humans and then use the toy to make themselves look like a high elf and then proclaim that they are in fact a high elf. Yep, it’s another crazy train.

Actually ( and i dont mean to be rude or seem rude with my response) gilneas didnt cut it self off until the beginning of the third war, they did give supply and troops to the war effort during the second war. It wasnt until the beginning of the third war when stormwind wanted resources and money too keep up the the orc camps that gilneas didnt want to help pay for and so the beginning of the third war they broke away.

So i dont think its far fetched for gilneans to have been had a chance to be paladins.

Also i think theres quite a bit of a diffrence with some one having a tag being a human, and taging it as another type of human ( this case gilneans) verses tagging yourself being orge on a human model.

They learned it since they have been out of gilneas’s walls, since they have been out for awhile now,

or they left right before the wall was built/finished.

Or was one of the out laying towns/villages just out side of gilneas’s walls

Or was part of the troops that helped in the 2nd war or very early third war and just never returned home.

To each their own though, thank you for your perspective and input

2 Likes

Agreed i think its more then possible for gilneans to have become pallys atleast by now.

I wouldnt rp as afflicted gilnean just a human gilnean, though i do love the worgens heritage armor, i dig the top hats lol

1 Like

They cut themselves off during the second war. It’s in the lore. I just looked it up to be sure. Breaking the lore is still breaking the lore. People are going to do it because their are people who are still new to the ideals and concept of role playing. When people that are experienced and know better do it, I just try to stay away from those people.

Thats what we said but it wasnt until the end, i also read it, to if you want i can link the site i got the info from, along with the wolfheart’s book its in both.

its not really lore breaking, nor god modding it is asking if that possible and so far the majority of people ive talked seem to think thats more then do able.

Your post said the 1st war is when gilneas broke off it was my self and the other poster that said it was near the end of the second war the broke off so im a bit confused ?

Are you agreeing with us saying its the 2nd war or the frist war ?

1 Like

I don’t care what other people do so long as they aren’t trying to bring trouble to my doorstep. That said I have found RP to be rather lackluster in WoW. I’ve worked in the table top RPG industry and have been playing D&D since 1981. I say potato you say potawto. You can break the lore all you like. Doesn’t mean I am going to jump off that bridge with you.

Cool we are about the same age :slight_smile: which i think we can agree the 70’s and 80’ had the best candy. Lol

Anyways thanks for your input and perspective:) cheers :beers:

3 Likes

Likewise, and I sure do miss the 80’s.

Lore breaking or not… I’ve seen quite a few people rping lightforged humans on moon guard. I’ve only seen them in passing so I’m unsure what the full context is for it.

But I’d assume after Legion that if someone were dedicated enough and spent enough time with the draenei, they could theoretically go through the trials of the light to become TPARTOS! I mean lightforged. Like, it’s plausible. I could see it happening. But they’d have been “turned” within the last few years instead of it happening a long time ago, I’d think?

2 Likes

I recently decided to just race change to a light forge, as my wife is also a space goat.

But thank you for your perspective and input, i also say its plausible but probably not common.