Human shaman in shadowlands?

Any word on if they are going to have human shamans in shadowlands? Any reason given as to why it’s not a class/race combination already?

3 Likes

Because stormwind doesn’t practice shamanism.

10 Likes

ya there should be human shamans in shadowlands, we have them now in bfa. just cause im big doesnt mean im not a human :frowning:

8 Likes

You are not human.
You are a Drust-blooded half-ish human hybrid.
And I love you for it.
Stand proud.

6 Likes

i thought only druids where drust blooded? we just big becuase we hunt big monsters. we arent hybrids. but i am proud i thought the kul tiran shamans where like tide sages

I wish kul tirans got the sw human model but with kt hair and features as an option. Basically every lore kt character uses the sw human model. I’m petty sure every tide does. The only ones I can think of that use the thicc model are lady ashvane and the dude who gives you the ferry pass. Cyrus? I think that’s his name.

Or allow normal humans to be shaman/druid after you unlock kt humans and have those races use the kt voice and stuff.

3 Likes

Trying to find the in-game lore and I will edit if I do, but basically the humans from… gilneas? Came to Kul Turas and faced opposition from the Drust. Some Drust didn’t fight, but intermingled with the humans, and that’s how you got both the normal human model and also the big bois. The basic humans come from bloodlines that didnt intermingle. That’s why you see non-Druid large Kul Tiran NPCs alongside the normal human size.

Found it:
Ulfar says the following:

• You’re a Drust? Wasn’t there a war against them?

“Indeed I am. Not all of my people agreed with the conflict. Have you never seen division among your own? We Thornspeakers joined Kul Tiran society. Some of their descendants heard the call of the wilds and wished to learn the ancient ways, and so we have taught them.”

Notice the “SOME of their descendants” line. So not all Kul Tirans heard the call of the druid, but it neatly justifies why ONLY Kul Tirans can be druid. The basic humans dont have the Drust blood calling them to druidism, which is more clever than I realized.

2 Likes

You already have human shaman. They are called “Kul Tirans”.

Give one a try.

4 Likes

Stormwind humans don’t have any shamanistic teachings or heritage. To most of them, shamanism is something practiced by the bestial races of the Horde. That’s why the draenei shaman trainer back in TBC was in the little moat area next to the statues of the Sons of Lothar.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Human body options isn’t opened for Kul’Tirans. For one Kul’Tirans are probably one of the least played Allied Races on both factions. For two KT has barely any customization options. Also, by giving human body options for KT it lets people who want to RP as a human play Shaman without it breaking Lore.

6 Likes

yeah that would be awesome

1 Like

Its is odd that Playable KT only have the Thicc models while 99% of KT NPC’s we interact with are normal humans. There’s a few burly boy NPC’s around but they aren’t named.

I still hold out hope KT’s will get some more customization in Shadowlands. For starters their faces are virtually all identical, but more so, I just hope the thin model will become playable… or any smaller version for that matter.

Much like my Worgen Druid, I’m tired of being limited to certain Transmog items because certain Shoulders are too big and clip the head, or the Belly distorts textures and makes most belts protrude to the point of absurdity… or even that most Helms are better hidden otherwise they make you look like an Olog-hai troll from LOTR.

4 Likes

Well the same could be said for NE shamans. Night Elves are in tune with nature and the elements. Stands to reason that Night elves should be able to be shamans also. But they are not.

2 Likes

I’m really hoping that the stream they postponed is going to announce new race/class combos in shadowlands. Seems like the perfect time to do it with the new starting zone allowing for more individuality for your character.

I agree with this! It would be nice to have class / race restrictions lifted TBH. I know not everyone feels like that since “Lore” but I personally would love to be able to pick my class / race combo. But I’ve never personally understood why humans couldn’t be shamans, after all, in RL there were human shamans :stuck_out_tongue: same with druids…

But let's be real, it took Blizzard until Cata ( i think it was) to allow humans to be hunters???? I never understood that playing a hunter since TBC, why I couldn't be a human?

1 Like

yeah i can’t believe humans couldnt play hunters lol. hopefully they ease this up more. if taurens can be paladins, then let humans be shamans.

1 Like

you can roll the fatty boyz on alliance they are human.

No. Other than Kul Tirans no humans as shamans.

The day we get Stormwind Shamans is the day we get Orc Paladins.
Both aren’t far fetched but one won’t come without the other for balance reasons.

1 Like

I have mentioned this on my paladin but unlocking Mag’har orcs, the story does support orcs going to the light and possiably becoming light forged orcs. Now with this happening there is a chance that they could invade our side after shadowlands. And once here given the option to get away from the fanatical light they could come and join the horde or alliance kind of like the pandas.

Now this brought up in this alternative reality Stormwind humans could have become Shamans. So it could happen but really would it be good for the game to allow humans of all things to be Shamans. If they did that then they should come to the horde while orc paladins go to the alliance. That way horde get humans and alliance get orcs. But that is a discussion for another time.