Human Race Mega Thread and Lounge

I live in Chicago in a high rise. You can constantly feel the movement of the building and you can also hear the sounds and creaking. It takes some getting used to

BUT I got a pretty cool view of the lake and downtown!

2 Likes

Many a fine lady on disability can outpace me on a bike. Pushing 18-20 miles to my 13-15.

1 Like

“Never mind. You do you. Me and my BROKEN BACK will do me.”

2 Likes

Ngl, I’m not really a fan of being human. Lots of reasons why and we won’t go into them here.

I’ll just imagine I’m my Nightborne while here or WoW.

2 Likes

“You are still welcome, friend.”
/smile

2 Likes

The riverview and lakefront is lit. I have a few ideas of your buildings. But if you ever wanna meet send me an ingame mail in MG!

1 Like

Well I’m always gonna bow to an elder and their trail knowledge. Speed is for what we’ve seen/what we’ve done. So your trail is new to me.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ll also add I’m a Chicago native. So y’know I’ve been about everywhere and seen the stuffs.

1 Like

“I can’t work. I can’t Roller Skate or Bike any more. One wrong fall and I am Paralyzed. I will not take that chance for ANY reason. I am lucky to be walking. Everything was good, I was even still on my skates, until My Breast Cancer. The Radiation Treatment, that they had to give me, softens the bones in the area that is treated. My Pulverized Vertebrae, and the surrounding bones were ALSO softened. Now it is even MORE dangerous, for me to do such things.”

“It’s so bad, that a few years ago, I fell off my chair, and BROKE my Shoulder.”

3 Likes

It’s all good. You are the walker of tunnels and pointers of history Cyndilou. We need you. We need you to show us all the historical nuances and great recipes and tiny things others miss. We need your wisdom, like we needed grandma’s and great aunt’s wisdom but we ignored.

1 Like

“I appreciate that sentiment.”
/hugs

2 Likes

Get one of us youngin’s to write it for you, if you don’t write it yourself.

1 Like

i went to sears tower when i was 8. i had a panic attack and starting biting my mom hands and wrists to get me to take me down when i looked outside. cause she refused to go downstairs.

4 Likes

“I can’t afford to pay you.”
/lol

1 Like

You mistake me for someone who needs pay. I love history. And I love what you have to tell.

1 Like

“My story would fill a Library.”
/LOL

1 Like

I got an 85 year old neighbor who is filling my scripts. He’s a joy.

1 Like

“Here is an example, of what my life has been like, on the good side of it…”

“A list of people I have met…”
Musicians:
Asia
Metallica
Kiss
Missing Persons
Journey
415’s
Hall and Oats
Billy Squire
Jethro Tull
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Alice Cooper
Cheeptrick
Heart
Rail (now know as Rail & Co.)
Grateful Dead
Rick James
Motley Crue
Jefferson Airplane (Before they became Starship)
Grass Roots
Spirit
Gary Puckett
Randy Hansen
Stephen Stills
Jah Levi
Stray Cats

Actors:
Craig Charles
Nigel Bennet
David Selby
Jason Robards