HPal/Sin 2s -- Need Help

My brother and I have been doing some Holy Paladin and Assassination Rogue 2s, and we’ve been debating a good win condition, particularly with the maledict trinket. Thoughts?

Also, for the HPal, which CC talent would you recommend? I’ve been trying all 3 and I can’t settle on what works best.

Not an expert but I’ve played both classes a lot.

Probably can just run short hoj and line up hoj on healer kidney dps goes every time they’re up. Maledict them low. Rep healer might also be the play vs certain comps.

Rdruid, priest (both specs), and rsham are definitely better healers for the comp but you can do just fine at lower mmrs.

1 Like

That’s helpful. We’ll give that a shot. Thank you.

Though, why specifically hoj healer and kidney dps? To prevent dispel in the case the healer trinkets?

Though I do agree with you, HPal isn’t the look these days, but it’s all I’ve got!

I’ve been running blinding a lot against melee comps, personally. I don’t know what higher XP people are running, but it feels like a good defense against this current melee meta.

What I’ve been finding frustrating, though, is that I often can’t get a clean blind off that doesn’t wipe my assassination rogue’s dots from his target.

Though blind does create longer kill windows, I find I often cannot get enough consistent blinds to make it worthwhile. Or do you know of a good way to avoid this problem?

Yes, and generally assa rogue always kidneys the kill target. Sub has the luxury to be more selective in who they want to stun due to shadow dance, but assa’s win condition rn is kidney on dr with shiv/hemotoxin pressure. Enough kidney setups and they just fall behind.

I think pally blind is a good defensive/offensive utility in 3s but not so much as in 2s imo with less players. Generally short hoj is the play especially if your rogue is double dotting both targets for pressure. Rep can be useful though for sure and I feel people don’t expect it and eat them a lot at low mmrs.

1 Like

This is really helpful–thank you!

I’ll give short hoj a shot. It sounds like that is better for general gameplay. If it’s more successful at higher ratings, I’d rather build good habits now.

I like the play of waiting for trinket to blind. That way, I can safely maledict and wings while he kidneys, and then I can hoj after.

Appreciate the advice on hunters as well. Been giving us some trouble.

UPDATE

So, I’ve been trying short HoJ, and I feel like it doesn’t ever line up well with his kidney, and he has to hold it almost a full 15 seconds to line it up.

Here’s the issue. Because the hoj talent only shortens the CD with holy power usage, I don’t get much value out of that if I’m sitting CC chains or my rogue just doesn’t need the healing. So, then, I’m often stuck to either sit on my hoj till his next kidney, make him wait to kidney (which makes us lose pressure), or hoj healer with no setup.

See my problem? Would love your thoughts.