Hpal or rdruid

I’ve never really healed before and want to. I don’t have time to play a whole lot and really only to play arena. I’m pretty casual, but would like to hit 2k cr.

I was curious if it would be better to play hpal or rdruid. I’d be learning it with very little background of each class. Thanks for your help.

Rdruid. Loads of healing, loads of mobility, good damage if you want, great CC, works in almost any comp.

It depends. Rdruid is easily one of the best classes in arena, but the skill cap is insanely high. If you make a single mistake on druid you will die inside a stun (especially right now with how much insane damage is going out)…but the people that are really good make druids look like gods.

I would argue that right now druids are not all that great. They are incredibly vulernable, and their play style is reliant on a slower pace so they can use their entire toolkit properly; go in offensively, CC etc. At the moment there is so much damage that you are forced to basically PvE heal spam almost the entire time, and their throughput is one of the worst in the game outside of swiftmends, plus ironbark is one of the worst “oh sh*t” defensive CDs in the game. Not to mention their mana pool is not good, and when the damage is so crazy it’s hard to sneak for drinks.

Mistweavers are so popular right now because healers are having to sit and PvE heal turret more than they have in a long time at the moment. And monks are insanely mana efficient, have the best throughput in the game, plus cocoon is basically paladin bubble that you can cast on anyone every 55 seconds (and it heals for 55k when its over). Not to mention they are better at evading melee trains than any other class in the game.

Paladins, in my opinion, are the best healers ATM. They have incredible defensive cooldowns, great utility with stuns and reps, and their damage is insane. There are literally games where the pally will run in with his DPS, sit in melee, pop wings offensively and just absolutely wreck you and somehow stay alive. No other healer in the game can so recklessly push in offensively and not be punished for it. I’ve played with some pallies that get trained by melee all game and someone solo the DH that is chasing them. No other class can do that. Kind of drives me crazy. Plus the majority of their heals are instant or uninterruptible, they literally never go oom and have great throughput.

I would say play paladin. It is way more forgiving than a druid and way more meta as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much. You’re kind of selling me on paladin.

Hpal with rogue mage is the best choice. Rdruids have a problem of going oom so you’d have to practice drinking. I think later on in the season they’ll be stronger.