Hpal back on top now that healing isn't good

Double bubble is feeling great in the rat leagues. Sure I am oom all the time but games only last a forbearance or two.

Hpal is probably #3 right now, under resto druid and mw monk. Severely lacking a toolkit to deal with caster meta compared to the other two.

Call me biased but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

1 Like

Eh Rdruid>MW/Sham>>Hpal>demon hunters, uhdks, destro warlocks>>>>>disc priests>>>mend pet>>>holy priests

Ok but minus the sarcasm in there definitely think the tiering is correct. As people gear up the game will slow down much more. Holy Pal does indeed do well in short games but games are only short if their opponents are making massive mistakes and playing very bad compositions.

The fact that Hpal wants to play to win makes it very weak. Anything with this goal in mind is simply not strong. This is why even Rubcub is forced off of it post mana changes (Also funny thing with that is how people on these forums would say Hpals never oom but he was actually losing to rdruids on mana in cup#1). Most meta picks are based around being very tanky with high sustained dps. That’s your goal for a strong comp - not really set up. Just the passive potential to outpast your opponent regardless of error.

In very disorganized games Hpal can feel stronger though I agree.

4 Likes

I was meaning to be tongue in cheek, I agree with your evaluation.

ahha I knew I wasn’t totally wrong

lol@mend pet

1 Like

Even before the mana nerfs ppl complained about holy pally mana, and its like… if you are trying to beat a holy pally on mana your kinda playing the game wrong or not getting good setups.

You beat a holy pally by running through their cds, not trying to oom them typically.

Well for one, Rubcub literally played that comp so well and made every other hpal look like they needed a training session.

Literally… no hpal should be able to heal to 40%+ damp, especially with a unholy dk. (The man wasnt even divine favor LOL, YOU CANT EVEN BARELY HEAL A UNHOLY DK IN 2S AT 40% DAMP LET ALONE ANOTHER DPS)

He made hpals look so much stronger than what they actually were, and here he is now not even able to play it because of damn mana, no matter how well he played that and kept the game going, he simple wouldnt be able to anymore.

Sad.

1 Like

I think high end arenas are similar to world top mythic raiders in that your strats are different from the majority of us who are no where near Glad level.

Hpal might not be top in the 2500+ bracket, but I found them to be one of the best healers, if not the best healer down in the 1800-2k bracket where mongocleaving your opponents is more effective.

Right but it has nothing to do with high level once people have gear

Not even joking on TR it actually still takes a while to kill even super low experienced teams, so once people have full gear it will absolutely stay true. As people obtain more gear they only get stronger defensively and weaker offensively making Paladin a healer who yes normally is fantastic at pubstomping is also not viable.

1 Like

As if bop doesn’t get purged insta

Playing against a dh that presses purge on cd like it’s his mf’in job.

:unamused:

Basically is their job cause all dh’s are unemployed

2 Likes

Oh how wrong could I be, this is awful.

lmao i knew it was coming eventually

that’s what she said