How's Horde-side MG?

Currently on WrA, but it’s pretty dead. Looking for a good PvP/RP guild. My mains are MG-A, but got super into PvP lately. Would like to relocate to MG because it’s my home.

2 Likes

I have characters on both servers and honestly-- WRA’s Horde side is a -bit- busier but not that much these days. If it weren’t super expensive I’d just move all my characters over here–Horde and Alliance.

As is, I’m considering re-rolling one or two of my Horde over here. The community H-side is active but mostly in guilds from what I understand. WRA had more walk-up in days past, but that’s dwindled a LOT in the past couple years, -especially- Alliance side but Horde too.

But I do think there are some RP-PVP guilds here.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’ve noticed the majority of WrA are really uptight in comparison to MG. It just never feels like home when I play there, but I haven’t played on MG-H in 15 yrs.

2 Likes

I had the same experience. I originally came from Cenarion Circle right after Cata-- went to WRA but just never felt like I fit there. MG is more laidback overall so this is my home now.

1 Like

MG Horde is active, and there are various active RP guild options. We tend to be as a community story-focused, and less about random walkup rp. Any number of members of the active Horde RP community can attest to things being fairly active. We are generally a laid back adult community.

The Horde Faction RP community recently launched a project, The Horde Vanguard. You cans see more about it here: ⫸ The Horde Vanguard - Horde RP Community ⫷

Here is a screenshot from the Horde deployment to Conquest, a current D20 rp campaign being run on MG. This screenshot is from last week.

If random walkup rp is your thing, the single best place to go in all of WoW is Alliance on MG.

9 Likes

I’ve considered moving to Horde here as well. I have many Horde characters on Wyrmrest, I have since it first opened up and it would cost too much to move them all.

It does feel like alot of people mass migrated to MG from Wyrmrest since the beginning of Shadowlands and I don’t blame them. From my time on Alliance here it’s definitely far busier than Wyrmrest.

I could just make new characters but I have so many years dedicated to my current ones.

3 Likes

I have actually moved to MG from WrA a while back and can say the RP scene for the Horde is here and growing.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, the PVP scene on MG-A isn’t half bad. It’s not integrated with the RP (too many RPers are cowards IMO) but it’s at least something!

2 Likes

That’s good to know! My mains are on Alliance, but I just love Horde races.

2 Likes

Perhaps more of the fact that other systems provide a more riveting and fair outcome than pure pvp, since not everyone is as enthusiastic about pvp as some.

2 Likes

Horde MG is actually where I got my start in WoW RP! There are so many great people around and so many welcoming people. We don’t have the number of WRA obviously but we are far from inactive or ‘dead’ as is sometimes touted. With the expansion getting close to dropping, (and the litchfall server campaign) it might be a little more sparse than normal in org, but certainly people are around and welcoming! I’d also highly recommend the Horde Vanguard community Banshih posted earlier!

I hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Moon Guard is mostly good, overall.

There are quite a few who are not… too great.
(As with any community I spose).

But the people presently leading Horde are wonderful.

You’ll definitely find a good place On MG-H, so long as you put in the effort.

1 Like

Poor Banshih is single handedly reminding everyone, every day, sometimes multiple times, that Horde is in fact not dead and prefers their storylines/guilds over arbitrary walkups in Org.

We made you a medal but it melted the moment Persefani touched it, blame her.

1 Like

I much appreciate everyone’s response. I need to clarify, I’m requesting info about MG-H pvp as an RPer & PvPer.

1 Like

So, as some one who likes to WPvP there’s alot of targets in Warmode which is one of the main reasons i came here. As far as RP-PvP guilds? It’s sparce I considered making one due to lack of options but don’t wanna get sucked into the game that hard.

If you do end up coming here though, hit me up always looking for friends to WM with.

1 Like

I don’t mind a PvP guild. I don’t really have time to RP these days.

The Coalition of the Horde is the other MG-H server community and has been around longer. It’s accepting of all Horde races and has a place for both pro-Horde and neutral characters of Horde races.

It’s great to see how far MG Horde has revived in the last 5 years.

Congratulations to our wonderful community who kept on fighting and never gave up hope.

Be proud, MG Horde!

5 Likes

Horde side MG is the best. But if you like to talk nonsense, discuss politics and are a scatterbrained, non-stop twittering little sparrow on trade (Not saying that you are, OP but for whoever else that might be concerned); Alliance would be better!

1 Like

I’ve rp’d for a good while but just recently got into it in WoW (Alliance side.) I do have a Horde side character that I’m hoping to rp on, though she’s a blank slate currently as far as story and such so not sure what guild would be best for her with that in mind and I’m admittedly not a walking book of WoW lore.