How Your Character Dies

Hey Moon Guard!

With Shadowlands taking us to the realms of death, it makes me wonder if anybody here has the death of their character already mapped out in their head?

I do for Dloin. Had it since around Cataclysm. Since he lives his life essentially in the shadow of his own past - acting like he’s still a well-known, widely-feared pirate captain - I knew I wanted his death to be very antithetical to his life. He tends to be lively and bombastic, always seeking to be the center of attention and to win over the respect and adoration of those around him. His death, then, would be shot dead in his home by one of his pirate rivals, another of my OCs.

I even wrote a short story about it on the previous forums, along with a bunch of other short stories that are no longer accessible. That’s kind of annoying.

But what about you all? What sort of death do you have planned for your PC, and if you don’t have one planned, what do you think would be fitting?

3 Likes

The Death of Lady Alice Dawford? Hmmm. Well if she could have it her way she’d die in her sleep of old age with a morphing drip in her arm, safe, warm, and painless.
The way it would probably happen?
There she would be hosting an event for the many of the community as has become her life passion, when all of a sudden someone would scream “FIRE!” , and the crowd would panic and run in the opposite direction. Lady Alice would have been at the center of that crowd but with fear in their eyes and adrenaline in their veins no one would notice the screaming high noble as she is flattened by the stampede of frightened patrons.

After the fire , if there had even been one, and calm had once more retaken the air , those that were looking for the missing would notice the flattened , mutilated remains of the former Lady Alice Dawford. The compressed puddle of her body would only be recognizable by her golden blonde hair and expensive jewelry, assuming of course someone hadn’t stolen the jewelry off the body in an act of desperate greed.

1 Like

My character died shortly after the defeat of the Burning Legion on Argus.

He, like many fellow Paladins, was enjoying a particularly long period of standing on the sidewalk in the Cathedral District waiting to be approached by an attractive female. The blood pooled into his legs, resulting in him falling to the pavement and bumping his head. Volgun then entered a comatose state, and the events of BfA are the nightmares his fleeting mind experiences in its final moments. Vulpera, Island Expeditions, and Mythic Freehold with Sanguine and Grievous affixes. The worst of the worst.

Horrors like that finally cause him to give up, and Volgun passes away in a Stormwind Hospital surrounded by female priests cosplaying as Whitemane. Thus, Shadowlands begins…

3 Likes

For mine his first death was during a expedition to Northrend. As for his true death I wrote out how and theorized that he will eventually gone insane and have to be put down by either his former comrades in the Ebon Blade or his mortal comrades he helped in his travels while working for Bolvar. Unholy magic and being a Blood tank sucks in hindsight.

1 Like

How pain felt once before… The overwhelming sense of panic and terror filling one’s mind. She was no stranger to agony; Wenzli thought to herself. She was once pinned under three tons of condensed scrap and metal. The sheer pain and shock had her fearful of her life. Nightmares still haunt her of her legs being trapped, feeling every muscle and tendon crunch and squish with every struggle to free herself.

Yet… Wenzli felt that agony once more. A dream of hope for a future untold; as the blade of the same people she once called allies in the Resistance. The very blade that cut down multiple robots and threats… was now plunged through her chest. Diplomacy failed as hatred overcame those she sought companionship in. Her death was a message to Mechagon…

A moment of peace amidst the overwhelming pain came to her mind. Whether it was premonition or the dying mind’s last thought. She saw retribution, she saw justice… and her actions weren’t in vain. The hatred that ended her life wouldn’t last long, and another would take her place. Continuing the work she started. Whatever is beyond this mortal realm is hers to explore like so many before her…

1 Like

I hadn’t really thought about it, but now…

Ash isn’t going to die per se. He’s been a defender of the woodlands his whole life, and when the time is right, he’s simply going to “retire” to Ardenweald to spend eternity serving beside the one woman he ever wanted but didn’t have the sense to take up with, sometime after he rescues her from the Maw.

1 Like

Decided to make this decision by covering my eyes, and randomly selecting an Alestorm song.

I ended up with Wooden Leg. So Biff will lose both legs to cannonball fire, then have his arms cut off by a ninja, and all his limbs will be replaced by peg legs.

Now I know what you’re thinking.
“But Slab! Thats not a death sentence.”

Oh but it is! You see, without real legs to duck, dodge, dip and dive, them wamans will have Meatslab right where they want him. After inevitably ripping out his heart and taking his children, soul and money, they will replace it all with peg legs.

And then he’ll go to Revendreth and write it all on a Sinstone.

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with Alestorm!

Your pirate ship can eat a bag of *****