How would you want Dark Ranger playable?

New Hero Class?
New 4th Spec for Hunters?
A class skin for Hunters?

1 Like

rework sub-rogue into range like they reworked surv-hunt into melee

2 Likes

No thank you.

nobody plays sub rogue anyway

Add an “Undead Elf” skin to Blood Elves or Elf ears / eyebrows to the Undead.

Roll Hunter.

Boom! Dark Ranger.

1 Like

Class Skin for Marksmanship Hunters and from the success of it that would hopefully cause Blizzard to make more Class Skins for other classes. Marksmanship Hunters had a Dark Ranger ability as a talent. Black Arrow, I think.

Statement: NPCs. They add no flavor in class.

edit: Statement: That was terribly rude of me. My apologies.

No ty warlocks have given enough.

1 Like

Sac a Warlock and Hunter to get a Dark Ranger

Like how you were supposed to sac a character for DK

Well, that’s the thing about a “Class Skin” Warlocks wouldn’t have to give a single thing.

Well, we do need more ranged weapon classes… and it would be more unique than “yet another take on the necromancer.”

But I’m thinking that ship sailed when Shadowlands was announced without them.

Marks men hunter, make their arrows purple. done.

1 Like

I’d be down for this

Speaking about Necromancer, been catching up on Horde characters and just looking at Bwonsamdi’s stuff, Hm so much potential.

the ghetto way to do this is roll a VE, pick a paler skin then dig up a dark ranger inspired mog somewhere.

issue is ofc this is not 100% immersive. as the more you do stuff you start to get bluer for the racial build up.

And, well, yeah its a VE. Sylvanas didn’t turn them before she left the horde.

Horde they just really need to copy pasta a BE DK skin tone or 2 to the BE hunters and done really.

alliance they could maybe turn off VE’s blue feature?

I’d prefer this implemented as a class. Class that has the ability to fire aimed shot on the move. this is how it could standout from hunter.

Now some would argue this would be the death of marksman. I’d argue not if blizzard actually fixes it to be more fun to run. I like the premise of MM a lot. I have kept a BE hunter like this most of the time in fact. Playwise though its BM or even SV I run to get stuff done better. So its them that see more game time.

dark ranger as a spec in a new class called ranger which would be a combo of warrior and hunter no pets they use plate armor and the only ones who can play them are humans undead night elves and blood elves. it would be a hero class and it would be a hybrid class. class would be based off Aragorn from lord of the rings

1 Like

i wish i could downvote how much i dislike this idea

only because its not the most efficient, fantasy wise i like sub rogues a lot more than the other 2, sub rogues are like shadowy warriors, ninjas even, but what about the other 2? assassin is just the most cliche boring thing on the planet a thief with daggers that uses poison oh wow thats awesome -_-, and then outlaw you can either think of yourself as a pirate, as a touchee swordman or you were sad cause fury warriors can only use 2 hands weapons so you picked outlaw.

1 Like

What does a Subtlety Rogue and a Dark Ranger have in common.
Their presence cannot be felt; even when casting a spell.

I feel Dark ranger have that dk vibe to them, that they need to be undead to be truly dark ranger (Prob either undead elf or human) so just a spec wouldn’t work for me.

Make it a class, more like a magic archer (with mana). I would put Shadow/light spec, the light spec would be like a redeemed Dark ranger.

You mean a Marksman Hunter?

Oh you mean a class that would only work for a specific race like Undead Blood Elves?

Sylvanas is literally just a Banshee. That’s her powers of “shadow”. On top of her being a dead Marksman Hunter. She was a ranger. That’s what a Marksman Hunter is among other jobs that class covers.