How would you justify new Forsaken/NE cities?

just grow a new one like they did the first tree in a few years

If they do make new cities for the Forsaken and Night Elves (And I think that they should), I hope that they do something more than just having the Forsaken set up in a new set of ruins. One of the nice thing about the Cataclysm changes was to give the Forsaken their own distinct architecture style as opposed to just ruined human. I always felt that it showed the development of the Forsaken as an actual species. That new architectural style didn’t extend to the Undercity which still retained its “squatting in the ruins of civilization” vibe. I would like a new Forsaken city to actually be a city rather than a ruin. I have always liked the idea of a dark looming tower in Alterac. For the Night Elves, something that reflects the changes in their society, e.g. the return of the Highborne and arcane magic. Something that, while still including the nature elements, has more call backs to their original architectural style seen in the various Night Elf ruins and in Nazjatar.

Make an expansion about finding a new continent (Think MoP) and have the faction capitals be the new cities for those races.

2 Likes

It’s not going to happen but the obvious answer would be story developments.

I saw some people saying the Forsaken just need to clean the blight and move back. You got to remember the goblins loaded the streets of the Undercity with explosives and blight barrels. And the were activated after the Horde evacuated all civilians to Orgrimmar (mainly to destroy proof of Sylvanas nasty experiments and torture) so there is a possibility that the Undercity has collapsed.

So if forsaken want to return to Tirisfal, they will need to clean the blight and dig a new hole which is not going to be easy since the first Undercity was just an extension of Lordaeron royal catacombes.

We could you know, just turn Andorhal into a place where people actually live, like it was in lore!

2 Likes

Delete blight.
Rebuild Lordaeron City’s Walls.
???
Profit.

We have already updated 2 zones- Uldum and Valeof Eternal Blossoms to unlock certain story / quest chain/ event.

In hyjal it couldbe phased out that the places which was previously taken over by Ragnaros and Twiligh hammer to be reused as a place where nelves would set up their new city.

The city could expand with each patch until it’s unlocked as fully made capitol, it would be great to put resources and effort and experience something meaningful.

I’d really dislike if Malfurion would just flick his fingers and “voila!” city is made. That’s incredibly anticlimatic and would be against his character as he was quite vocal against creating Teldrassil.

For forsaken- maybe Stratholme as new hub?

1 Like

Hell, they ended up building Karabor and…uh…Ooga-Booga Town (Snow Edition) for no reason at all.

I don’t see why it should be considered a waste to build new capitals for the Night Elves or the Undead Artists formerly known as the Forsaken. They even have a head start on assets for the Night Elves thanks to the new Darkshore.

2 Likes

I think it would be easiest to just refuse assets. The Forsaken could reclaim some Scourge necropoli, those smaller ones from Wrath of the Lich King (not Naxxramas sized). Then it’d just be tossing the npcs in there. The Night Elves would be a little trickier. But I think adding more buildings and NPCs to Moonglade could work.

Ultimately nothing super new can be justified seeing as Blizzard acknowledges the use of major hub cities. And don’t even like them in new expansions (like using Ashran instead of Karabor and whatever the Horde Ogre one was going to be) for that reason. Too much bother.

Lordaeron will just be rebuilt.

And we’ll find out that the cinematic image of Teldrassil being a giant fireball was “creative license” and it was really only mildly singed. (because really the idea that Teldrassil could go up like that is incredibly stupid… but whatevs)

Or maybe they’ll just make everyone start in Orgrimmar / Stormwind, like some crappy Free-to-play MMO would.

2 Likes

It would actually be interesting to see the Forsaken clear out the Ghostlands, basically have Quel’thalas split between the sin’dorei (Eversong) and the Forsaken (Ghostlands).

As for night elves, c’mon…they still have at least three different forest-based zones to build a new city in. Ashenvale, Mt. Hyjal, Val’sharah…pick one.