How Would You Do a Better Job?

I wouldn’t sexually assault my coworkers and I would pay them fairly.

1 Like

Unlike now when it dribbles off your lip and onto your shirt?

Im sure you would pay someone fairly to sexually assault your co-workers.

What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Everything!

I mean yes, there’s some nuance. Are your lights broken, or is it a faulty bulb, is your sink broken, or just clogged, etc.

My issue is with describing feedback as lazy because I don’t have a workable solution. The blizzard devs can’t come up with a good solution, but my feedback is “lazy” if I can’t do better with none of the data or pay? That’s nonsense.

I think what I would change if it were up to me is when you log in, you are autobalanced to either team red or blue, based on population. The horde and alliance still exist for story purposes and faction flavor, but pvp in the open world would be entirely based on team red or blue, and numbers in each area would be autobalanced to be close to equal.

Players could pick a preference team, or even queue to join the other team if they have friends on it or something.

You mean like choosing sides for kickball and not a fight to the death by warring factions?

No, I mean like the computer choosing sides because players can’t be trusted to do it.

All this drama aside,

Honestly? Nothing. Realistically a CEO or leader doesn’t think further than how far they think they will stick around. This means short term results > long term.

As much as I despise it, I do think Blizzard did the right thing in making Retail at a very high level, what it is today - without picking on the nitty gritty details, that I’m not familiar with. I most likely would have made a similar decision to make it micro transaction heavy etc.

So if i were to balance making the most money for the company and pleasing what i think to be the majority portion player base I’d do the same thing they’re doing - while realizing the MMORPG genre just isn’t a thing anymore.

I mean…plenty of people offer up solutions but largely just get shouted down by the toxicity of the forums. Everyone’s been conditioned to simply voice the problem and let the people who are paid to come up with the solutions do the job they are paid to do, because why would anyone purposefully subject themselves to the kind of abuse this forum will relay upon you for offering up a potentially bad idea (for free)?

1 Like

I think changes should only be implemented in to recreate the feel and playstyle of the original TBC.
Aka, dynamic spawn for herbs to adjust to server population, maybe some bugfixes here and there and that’s it.
The game was (apart from the bugs) good back in the old days, and it is still good nowadays, as long as they stop after WotLK…

You’re right! I could probably have worded some of my posts better. This thread is intended as a conversation around what people would like to see, rather than what they dislike.

And sure, it’s very unlikely to have unanimously positive feedback about anything on the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Better Job” is always going to come down to how well you cut labor costs.

Yeah, but I’m just saying it’s a piddly job that we can get some forums rats to do lmao :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean if its a “what would I do” kinda deal…

I would have gotten rid of the Draenie. Only mentally ill people love that race. It is gaudy and a protoss rip off.

I would have released TBCc with a High Elf/Blood Elf redesign. As in the Alliance gets High Elfs and the Horde gets Blood Elfs

This is solving the faction balance problem because going into the game we knew the Horde would approach majority as people rerolled Blood Elfs.

2 Likes

So you are asking for welfare epics. You retail players are killing everything with your begging for free handouts.

They’ve tried that. The problem is that the “average” customer isn’t on the forums. The forum makes up a very tiny and very loud portion of the game’s population. It’s no wonder they stopped interacting with the boards. What good can come of it?

1 Like

Blizzard gets to set their own rules of conduct for the official forums instead of leaving it up to a third party is one reason.

I feel like this used to be at least somewhat the responsibility of the community managers.

Yes. There are plenty of issues where even something as simple as “We’ve been made aware of this situation and are investigating it right now. We cannot comment until we have a clear picture and have made a decision. Thank you for your patience.” would have gone a LONG way. I mean, I know there are literally hundreds of people that would still make noise and “demand” an answer sooner, but - yeah.

I think the best thing to do for this go whole hog and treat the entire game as one big server. If you meet a great tank from another server in LFG you should be able to add them to your friends list and join their guild and everything you can do with people on your server. If done correctly LFG and other cross-realm tools didn’t have to take away the accountability of having a small community when the technology exists to simply make our community larger.

Day 1:

I would assemble all remaining employees to a open forum for all employees to discuss game design and the future of the game.

Week 2:

I would take all the considerations, ideas and stuff from the first meetings and start working on teams.

Week 3:

I would reconvene with all team members and introduce them to their new team leads… At this point I would delve into game mission statement to help steer the ship back on corse followed by an official statement and tweet.

Year 1: I would unveil a wonderful product only to have my teams ideas utterly eviscerated….

Year 2: Start looking for a new company to work for as my ideas have been misunderstood and my leadership challenged by new people who think I’m old and stale…

Lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.