How will demon hunters benefit from the de-pruning?

Obviously they’re the newest class and haven’t, to my knowledge, lost any abilities yet. Still, if they gain nothing new come Shadowlands, the action bars of a demon hunter are going to look positively anemic compared to other classes.

I wonder what they will do with them, since they are incredibly easy to play and the lack of abilities its really easy to notice

I don’t think their ease of use should be tampered with, to be honest. Demon hunters just feel like a beginner class, and that’s okay. But a few flavor spells would be welcome, or maybe just take a few from their PvP tree and make them accessible by level-up.

We lost some skills in Legion we might get back. I miss my magic mitigation in tank spec…

‘unpruning’ is just buzz to get as many subscribers as possible on pre order

they’re adding 1-2 abilities that have low to no impact on anyone (besides AMZ)

a few trashy totems that no shamans really care about?

paladin passive auras?

poisons for non assass are great
but hardly count as depruning

cant even say ‘unpruning’ until we start to see multiple things like for example
enhance -> Sham rage / root totem / ancestral guidance / doom winds / fire elemental / baseline ascendance + lightning shield + feral lunge as a starting point

I doubt they showed all the unpruning in Blizzcon, they are likely do more

I want to see demon hunter flight from in shadowlands :+1:

2 Likes

I really wanna see that, similar to Worgen Running Wild

they’re in a rough spot right now

current day players and many of the new players from wod -> now are used to the game being some what compact
blizzard realizes this
anything they decide to do has to be gradual

i think we’ll likely see very very basic abilities returned
like the ones they’ve presented
and with those, nothing new aside from the singular covenant ability
which ultimately will feel just as bad as pruning did

I liked their artifact abilities they had in Legion. It would be cool to have those back.

Maybe they will get a few new additions to shake things up.

3 Likes

maybe. They didn’t really hint at anything else.

Solution: level the field with other classes first. Remove about half of your current options. Next, redefine half of the reaming and merge the rest into totally new actions. Now you are in the same boat as other classes. Blizz can then “de-prune” for all classes and all classes will benefit. In other words, best for DH to sit back and hope they are not tinkered with.

Kinda hard to deprune a class that was designed in a pruned era. That said, they still took some abilities away in BFA. Some that come to mind are the artifact abilities like that whirly glaives around you aoe move. They may also change talents like making fel eruption into a damaging ability or making talents like momentum baseline. I can also see them returning chaos blades as a talent or baseline. They could also be creative and design more abilities but that might be the most unlikely.

2 Likes

In all likelihood it’s all smoke and mirrors. I’d be wary about the “alt-friendliness” of Shadowlands, too, since these devs don’t seem to get what playing alts is about.

they won’t. but they don’t need anymore abilities, i mean, they kill everything WAY too easily anyway.

unprune our third spec

Would love to see them remove demon hunters from the game all together.

I thought the same thing, still the basic 123 specs.

Arguably Outlaw/Sub Rogue DPS would benefit from having poisons again, but there are still mechanical issues particularly with Sub that are way more important than whether or not they have poison again.

Passive Auras for Pally at least have some RP value if you’re into it, I would have liked to see something like Exorcism.

Or, giving DK’s their Presences back would help keep them competitive when haste etc is needed over the other.

Id like to have ALL the artifact abilities back. The Destruction Warlock one was so cool!

1 Like

They should just make our pvp talents baseline.

We’re so barebones right now virtually anything they add would be welcome.

2 Likes