How we can save Water striders & make mount equipment more fun!

Okay, so the issue starts with the fact that we ONLY get to use 1 measly piece of equipment for all our mounts collectively and the fact that there isn’t enough variety in the amount of equipment we have to choose from.

We can still have a water strider that walks on water WITHOUT equipment AND have a mount equipment system that helps players feel like they can ride ANY mount WITHOUT being bound to one mount for its perks!

HERE’S HOW! Each mount needs its OWN separate mount equipment slot, with a second slot being earnable, and once again, we need some more variety in mount equipment! I’ll list possible equipment ideas later on, BUT FIRST let me tell you why this will save ALL mounts with special abilities, such as all the water striders, sky golems and even vendor mounts!

Basically, the idea is that two equipment slots will completely eliminate the chance of one mount permanently being the best. Mounts like the water strider would automatically fill the first slot, and players will still have a second slot left to customize to their liking! Also, this can apply to the sky golem, just add a piece of mount equipment that can give any mount similar functionality and players won’t feel bound to only using sky golem for mounted herbalism!

UPDATE: I realized that buying equipment over and over again could be costly, maybe this should work similarly to essences, glyphs or talents, but have a built-in cost?

POSSIBLE MOUNT EQUIPMENT: Plus cosmetic / effect variants

• Double Jumping Springs / Double Jumping Winds - Jump twice on mounts.
  • Angel’s Wings of Flight / Demon’s Wings of Flight - Ground mounts can fly.
  • Herbalist’s Rake-O-Matic / Miner’s Rock-O-Matic - Gather while mounted.
  • Prosthetic Extend-O-Arm / Gnomish Loot-A-Rang - Loot while mounted.
  • Trainer’s Carrot on a Stick / Cavalry Riding Crop - Mount speed increased.
  • Spy’s Grappling Hook / Mountaineer’s Sturdy Rope - Traverse high terrain.
  • Wrangler’s Horseshoes / Mechano Shock Absorbers - Reduces fall damage.
  • Shaman’s Lava Walkers / Demonlord’s Fel walkers - You can ride over lava?
  • Survivalist’s Camouflage / Shadowy Mount treats - Reduces the radius at which enemies can see you in PVP and PvE.

5 Likes

This is actually a pretty good, well thought out post. gj

2 Likes

Thank you! It wasn’t easy.

I’d love to equip the steep terrain one to my mountain goats ^.^ thematic and fun too.

2 Likes

How about Blizzard just can this mount equipment idea. Nobody asked for it and it’s obvious nobody likes the idea. Go back to the drawing board with ideas from the community and start over.

I like the idea, but in it’s current PTR form, I’d rather not have it.

2 Likes

WOAH, NO WAY BRO, I need flying tigers in my life!

1 Like

+1 for the OP but I doubt blizzard will put in enough effort to make the system good. Not all mounts should use the flight equipment though… I just can’t imagine seeing a gronn fly.

Also it would be nice if the mount/flight trainers across azeroth would sell the gear instead of those guys at anglers’ wharf in pandaria.

1 Like

Imagine buying gear over and over again, maybe this should work similar to essences, glyphs or talents?

Can please get this?

I like MOST of your idea, water strider should have water walking be default BUT be slower on land, so people actually use normal mounts.

We then have mount equipment that can be mounted on ALL mounts like it is now, but these are basics and should feel like equipment, like the parachute.

Then, depending on the mount type, they have their ability.

For example:

• Flying mounts can glide.
  • Cat mounts take less fall damage (or something)
  • Water striders can walk on water, but are slower on land.
  • Horses/Wolves have a short sprint.

etc.

EDIT:
Gather while mounted, Loot while mounted, Traverse high terrain and Reduce the radius at which enemies can see you are all great ideas for equipment.

2 Likes

I still love the idea of equipment on a per mount basis for the fun of customization. The mount type idea you have is really awesome though, but may be hard for Blizzard to balance in their mind to make it “fair” enough.

1 Like

screw that I want a gronn to fly

2 Likes

Same! Let em’ all fly!

1 Like

You can’t save water striders. The decision has been made.

Burn this witch (warlock) at the stake! They who curses our striders!

1 Like

I would never curse such a triviality :smiley:

Mmmmm…angry you only got 1 peach?

Was never good at Pictionary.