How to unlock Mag'har Orcs - new to horde

Hi everyone, looking for some suggestions…

I have mostly max level alliance characters, and want to have a Mag’har Orc alt. My highest horde toon currently is a 92 mage. I may race change him in the end to Mag’har or just make a new character to level up for the heritage armor. Anyway, my question is how can a newish-to-horde player get Mag’har Orcs unlocked fairly quickly? Should I use my 120 auto-ding on him? Or maybe race change a 120 with 7th legion rep and hope the rep converts to honorbound? Would either get me there quicker? Whatever the decision, are there any shortcuts to grinding Honorbound rep or finishing the other achieve req’s? I remember doing this on my main for Dark Iron Dwarves and it took a few weeks, but maybe there’s a quicker way now. Thanks in advance for any help.

The fastest way to do it would be to use your boost to get a 120 on the Horde and start farming the Honorbound reputation. 7th Legion rep won’t flip over into Honorbound, a guildmate of mine found that out the hard way.

First thing you will want to do on your new 120 is grab a contract for Honorbound, and start grinding out the War Campaign. Complete world quests in areas that you’re questing in for 75 extra reputation each.

Complete Warfronts. Each warfront completion earns 150 Honorbound reputation. You also get 75 rep for every world quest you complete in a warfront area.

Do Island Expeditions. Each week, you have a quest for doing island expeditions that grants 1,500 Honorbound rep. Definitely worth farming.

Keep an eye out for the Emissaries, for 1,500 more reputation.

Since they’ve removed the rep requirements for doing the War Campaign you can get a good chunk of the rep needed just doing that. Honorbound (and 7th Legion) rep is probably the easiest rep to just grind out as there are so many sources of it. (It’s way faster than it was at the start of the expansion.) There’s lots of world quests to do, the invasions all give Honorbound rep (500 for ones on Zanadlar and 1000 for ones on Kul’Tiras.) So, I wouldn’t bother faction changing for the rep shortcut.

If you’ve got flying unlocked in Warlords and Legion content, it’s really quite fast to level up through those expansions. (For WoD, you can just fly around gathering treasures.) Legion invasions are great XP, but if you don’t want to wait for them, you can still blast through the zones with flying. (I like to start in Val’sharah as it feels like one of the faster zones and you can get the end of zone reward without doing a dungeon.)

Of course, using the 120 boost will be the fastest option. Even if leveling from 92 is fairly fast these days, it does still take time. Although I’d use it on a new character instead of the level 92 mage. There’s no benefit in boosting a higher level character, and boosting a new toon means extra profession coverage for your horde characters. Just make sure to boost a class your already familar with to make the rep/quest grind at 120 easier.

Thank you for confirming the rep conversion. That was something I was seriously considering. It’s good to know that doesn’t work, takes that option off the table. Great information on top of that. Thank you!

For some reason I can’t reply to Udiza’s post too, so I’ll edit this one. I want to thank you as well. I didn’t even consider professions. I think that makes alot of sense to use the 120 boost on a new horde toon.