How to spend Hp as shockadin

Want it to mess around with this couple of talents that allow us holy paladins to dps a bit (Avenging Crusader and Crusader’s might) but always come across the same issue. Is there a way to spend the holy power we generate from soaking crusader strike and holy shock? Keep judgement up, then pop wings and just som between crusader strike and holy shock but where do we spend the hp outside of wog if you need a heal?

Shield of the Righteous.

Nvm… when you pop holy shock a bunch you Oom extremely quick. Not viable for even fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Way to kill it with this stupid mana needs lately.

See, why hpal didn’t get a version of that 5 hp TV ability ret has is beyond me. Something like that popping damage and healing allies sounds like it’d feel perfect in the spec.

1 Like

Except that you start popping holy shock now and you’re oom in 10 sec. they killed it :frowning:

Out of curiosity, who is your paladin? I have no reference to gauge your experience

I haven’t had mana issues on my pally. Not significant ones anyway. Not sure what I’m doing different to you

1 Like

Is this really a thing? Even on long raid fights I don’t hit under 90% mana using Holy Shock on cooldown.

3 Likes

Are you starting right after switching specs or something? Doing a nonstop DPS rotation on the target dummy, I’m at about 85% mana after a minute. Holy Shock costs 1400 and Crusader Strike costs 900, out of a pool of 50k and regenerating 400 per second.

If you’re spamming Crusader Strikes while also hardcasting a lot of heals, you can potentially go OOM after several minutes, but otherwise it’s actually quite difficult for a Paladin to run out of mana, and ideally you shouldn’t be hardcasting much anyway.

1 Like

Very little exp. busy life and honestly not much desire to sink much time in the game other than a couple of hours here and there a day (if). I’m a casual ^^

To clarify here. I was trying to dps as holy in PvP. Specifically a battle ground. I was full mana and popes wings with the crusader might talent that lowers cd in holy shock and can use it more often not too long after I was oom. Has never happened to me btw.

1 Like

I believe they nerfed holy paladin’s mana regen in pvp situations. In pve, holy pally will be hard-pressed to run low on mana (unless they are playing objectively incorrectly by spamming cast-time heals).