How to see what guild someone is in? (classic)

If I just have a person’s character name and I want to see which guild he’s in how do I do so? If someone says something in chat I can I can shift click his name to see the guild, but how do I do that when there’s no chat message from them in my chat box?

Hi Kinimi,

If you have the character name, you could go to the www.worldofwarcraft.com main site and on the top right, click on the magnifying glass icon (search).

You can put in the name in the search bar and it’ll come up with all the results for that name.

However, if it’s a common name like “Sam”, it’ll result in 147 players, so unless you know the race and class, it could bit a bit difficult.

Oh sorry I forgot to specify this is for classic. I don’t think there is an armory there.

You should be able to see guild names under a player’s name out in the world. If you aren’t, then check the interface settings under “names.”

If you want something that isn’t as reliant on being able to actually read names above player’s heads, you can look for an addon that adds that info to the tooptip when you mouse over them. I haven’t tried it yet, but this addon seems to do just that:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/guild-and-faction-tooltip

Edit: If you want to check in game for someone you can’t currently see in the world, you can type their name into the “who” panel of the social pane. You should be able to see their guild from there. (This only works if they are currently online.)

thx a lot (10char)