How to report something that breaks the ToS?

I keep getting ads on my personal Facebook page showing boosting sites. How do I report them to Blizzard since my reports to Facebook do nothing?

hacks@blizzard.com is where you can send it.

5 Likes

Thank you. It had been so long I couldn’t remember the email.

1 Like

Most welcome!

1 Like

I just sent the email with the two screenshots I took this morning. I have reported them to Facebook many times and I am SICK of seeing them popup on my newsfeed there.

3 Likes

Agreed. Thanks for reporting them, Xyrei. It can take a bit to get these things taken down but our teams do what they can.

5 Likes

I used the email associated with my Facebook account not my battle.net account Should I change that?

That shouldn’t make any difference. As long as the info on the ad is included, that’s what we’d be looking at.

4 Likes

OK Thank you. I sent two screenshots. I wasn’t about to load the web page itself.

3 Likes

Perfect! And thank you again for reporting those.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. No one needs to see something like that. Because I know it could get a person’s account banned.

2 Likes

You should be able to click the three dots on the top-right corner of the ad in Facebook and select an option to stop future ads from that sender.

I have tried that too. But I want the site shut down altogether not advertise to anyone their ToS breaking services.

2 Likes

Reporting it to Blizzard, as you’ve done, really is the best thing. You don’t have much basis to report it to Facebook, other than maybe as spam. It’s important to remember that you aren’t Blizzard’s agent and can’t represent them.

If you’ve given all the information to Blizzard, that’s all that anyone can expect of you. It’s up to Blizzard to protect their intellectual property and business interests.

1 Like